This morning, October 1st, was Zach’s FIRST preschool field trip. As I was driving Zach to the apple orchard to meet up with his class, I was thinking back to when Rachel was in preschool. I was pretty sure I was not going to be able to have a preschooler again. I was pretty heartbroken then. I so am completely enjoying having all these FIRSTS again with Zach.
It was a lovely day to go to the apple orchard and Zach was so excited to see all of his friends there. He especially loves to hang with “the twins” who live in our sub, Luke and Logan.
He took his apple picking very seriously. Before the tractor ride, the “farmer” taught the children to pick apples they should twist and then pull the apple. Zach took this very seriously. In fact, he felt the need to remind me several times how I was supposed to be picking.
I just love those lips…and those cheeks. He took his sweet time locating the perfect pumpkin that he wants me to make a pie out of.
And he found it. The perfect pumpkin. He then proceeded to drop it 5 times on the way back to the tractor. I mean, pumpkins are heavy!
I am pretty sure he is pumpkin is already pureed inside and ready to be pie after that.As I watched him play on the haystack maze, I was kinda sad that this was our FIRST trip to the apple orchard without Grandma and Grandpa for as long as I can remember. We are really going to miss not having them here in October. In fact, it was the FIRST time that we have been there without our whole family. It was lonely. But Zach didn’t notice.
He is loving all his new friends. He wants to invite them over everyday.
I feel so lucky to be spending every one of my days with this sweet boy. I am so glad that kindergarten is still 2 years away.
8 comments:
He is such a cutie! You've taken some great pics of him. My favorite is the one of him looking at the apple with your cheeks comment about him.
Isn't it so fun to see how much they enjoy preschool? It looks like a fun field trip. What a cutie pie!
so awesome and cute! i'm glad you're having so much fun with him!
What a cute picture of the two of you. I LOVE it!
Aww, Michelle, I can really tell you're savoring every minute of Zach's childhood. He is such a little character! I'm so glad he became part of your family.
So cute! I love the picture of you and Zach.
How fun for him! We miss you guys!
Today as I woke up to snow, I really miss Michigan and all the fun stuff we do with you guys. It is hard, but I know that we will get there sometime and we will have a blast, we always do.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment