
Thirty seven seems so darn close to 40.
It was kinda depressing.
Another year closer to Geritol and Depends.
Another year closer to hearing aids and support stockings.
It wasn't helpful to get an email from my husband that said
"Hey Old Lady--Happy Birthday!"
I guess I have been a bit sensitive this week.
The icing on the cake?
Today Zach was helping me do some fall yard work.
We emptied the flower pots and window boxes.
I had pots laid out all across the driveway so I could spray them out and dry them for winter storage.
I went to get the hose.
I notice that Zach has stacked all of the pots inside each other into two neat stacks.
Zach says "Mom, I picked up all these pots for you
so you won't fall and break your hip."
OUCH!
Ego Bruised.

11 comments:
So what does that make me? ;)
Kids say the funniest things. Like Paige asking me if I exercise so I won't die. Or Morgan telling her preschool teacher, her grandma is too big for her pants. Don't you just love them.
Mom
You are not an old lady! Stop thinking like that. Zach is pretty funny!
Don't those little stinkers just know what to say at just the right time!? I have to say...I didn't think you were 37. I thought you were probably like 32 or something.
Zach is a pretty funny little kid isn't he? I also like what your mom wrote about what the other kids have said to her...I guess I should be clad Kaia can't speak that well yet!!
You aren't old - age is in the head! Happy Birthday young one!
It's nice to know that with a click of a button I can get a good laugh. I love reading your blog! Just Remember: 40 is the new 20, you cougar you!
Well, maybe it was good that we didn't send you the rude card then!! I can't put it in print, but ask me what my sweet boy said about tonight!!! They just know how to make ya feel fabulous!!!
Oh my gosh!!! Funny yet so sad. Happy Birthday!!!
You are not old! Zach sure does say the funnest things! He just cracks me up!
For years I've been telling people {mostly kids at work} that I'm only 19. So long, in fact, I think I really believe it myself :)
Found your blog while surfing. I'm from Michigan, living in Arkansas now.
Well, when I first saw the pictures at the top of your post I was worried you were already using the Depends, so I guess it could be worse! How DID we get this old anyway? Wasn't it just yesterday we were messing around at BYU? Sigh.
Post a Comment