For as long as I can remember, I dreamed of being a mother.
It was my greatest hope and dream. I will never forget the day that Dad and I found out you were coming to our family. My heart was completely full of gratitude.
Then fourteen years ago today, we received the most wonderful gift. Those were precious days…when you were our “only” and our entire world.Fourteen years have passed by so quickly and my heart aches to think of the precious few years we have left before you head to college. Dad and I are so very proud of the wonderful person you have become.
In honor of your birthday, here are the
TOP TEN THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT MEGHAN.
1. I love that you are PASSIONATE.
You know what you like and you stick with it. Whether it was Timon, Pokemon, Stuffed “Guys” or roller coasters and playing in a band, you stick with things. I think that this is what makes you such a loyal friend. I love that you stick to your standards and that you are so passionate about the things that you love.
2. I love that you are CREATIVE and ARTISTIC.
Your stories, your plays, your art, your blog….all so amazing. I love your creative talent. When you were a little girl, you would play with your toys for hours all by yourself, creating little imaginary worlds to play in. From Boxton Falls and building forts to tea parties and dress-up, a part of me wishes I could keep you small forever.
3. I love how BRAVE and COURAGEOUS you are.
You are never one to shy away from a good water fight—even if it is just you and many small children against Grandpa and the Dads.
Scary movies don’t scare you. You handle shots and orthodontics like they aren’t painful at all. I love that you are strong and that you can do hard things.
4. Oh how I love your BROWN EYES.
Those eyes…glasses on or off…those eyes are beautiful.
I love to see your eyes sparkling when you have had an fun day. I hurt when those eyes fill with tears and pain. I love how your brown eyes see the world. I love that positive perspective and optimism that is such a part of you. 5. I love that you make GOOD CHOICES.
I love that when you are sick and miss church, I know that you would rather be there. I know that you know what the Spirit feels like and that you are living a life that will lead you to true happiness. I love remembering the spirit we felt when our family was together in the temple and also on your baptism day. I love that you know how important it is to be clean and pure and to keep the commandments.
6. I love that you are MUSICAL.
You have so many musical talents. I love that you have dedicated almost 7 years to learning to play piano. I love that you are picking up guitar so quickly and that you love to play it. Your singing voice is amazing—even though you are a bit shy about sharing your talents, your family completely enjoys your musical talents.
7. I love that you are such a HARD WORKER.
I am really so proud of all you do. I know that I don’t tell you often enough how wonderful you are.
I love that you are responsible enough to wake yourself up for school each morning while your parents are still snoozing in bed. I love that I can just trust that you will get your homework done—no nagging, begging—and then you bring home all A’s on your report card. You work so hard to do all that is expected of you!
8. I love that you are so CLEVER.
You really make me laugh—so much! I love your sharp wit and clever sense of humor. You are such a talented writer and your humor always shines through. I love that my days are much more fun because you are a part of them.
9. I love that you are such a great EXAMPLE.
Being the firstborn in our family and the first grandchild, you have many little people looking up to you. I love that you are someone that they can look to for an example of kindness, and making good choices. I love that when we go to Parent Teacher Conferences, the teachers say “I wish I had a 120 students exactly like Meghan” or “I hope my daughter grows up to be just like Meghan.” I especially love that Zach and Rachel have such a great sister to look up to.
10. I love that you are OURS FOREVER.
Meg, you are an amazing SISTER and DAUGHTER.
Our family just isn’t the same when you aren’t here. There is such a gaping hole when you are gone to Girl’s Camp or at a friend’s house for a party. I love that we are sealed together forever….that we will always be family.
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!
11 comments:
awwwww thanks :)
Meghan is such a beautiful girl! I hope you have fun celebrating her birthday.
Beautiful post. Beautiful girl. (Who is growing up way too fast) We will consider ourselves so blessed if Syd the kid grows up to be half as great as Meg. She is a wonderful example to everyone.
Happy birthday meg! What a beautiful young woman you have become!!
Oh! How time flies. So many memories. I should have sent you the picture of Meghan with all the Diet Coke cans she lined up on my back porch, so long ago. I just like the taste, was a response I remember when she was so small. I sure wish time would slow down a little, it just seems to be flying by. Happy Birthday, Meghan. We love you.
Gma and Mgpa
Oh, What has happend to my little neice MayMay. Oh, how time is going so quickly! All I can say to that post is a big DITTO! Thanks Meg for being such a great example to my kids! They cannot wait to see you soon:)
This was so sweet of you to put this together for Meghan. She is such a great girl.
I haven't checked your blog for a LONG time. This post made me cry. A lot of your posts make me cry! MEMORIES! I can't believe she's 14 already! Wow! I just love your ENTIRE family and look forward to Christmas and the 4th of July so we can see you all. Can't wait for next week. Love you guys!
This is a great post, I hope Meghan gets to keep a paper copy posted somewhere! Lucky girl , lucky parents!
What a treasure this post is. I am also in tears. I love it that my beautiful Meghan has such an amazing mother.
I love you both! Grandma Dory
that is so neat :)
Post a Comment