If you have ever had a conversation of any length with Zach, you know that is wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up. He is
way into dinosaurs, bones and fossils. We have been meaning to take him to the Fossil Park in Ohio for several months. We finally made it there today.

Zach would tell you that about 375-million-years ago, Ohio was covered by a huge sea. Visitors can come to the quarry and break apart the clay to find fossils of
ancient sea life. Zach even found an “
ancient plastic spoon” buried in the dirt.

Shae and Zach got right to digging….

I was surprised that even I enjoyed digging for fossils. It was extremely hot out and the kids all ended up resting under the beach umbrella, but Shae and I had a nice time sitting in the sun digging and chatting. Yes,
we are that desperate to spend some time together.

It was such a hot day. Meghan settled herself down in a comfy spot to read. Rachel dug for a bit and then had to lay down to rest. She’s been feeling sick the past few days.

When we got home, Zach scrubbed his fossils and found himself a dandy case to hold them all.


One of our best finds….a complete brachiopod.
A bit of real live action….
4 comments:
What an awesome trip! You guys are so much fun, what a neat experience for Zach!
Glad you survived the road construction! Looks like a ton of fun, and I am glad you and Shae got to spend some quality time together!! Miss thse kiddos:(
I think Zach has already completed his Geologist badge for Webelos! What a great start!
What a great day! And... Brady and I talk while cleaning out the fridge, folding laundry. You know.
Post a Comment