that elusive badge of honor--
the title of Super Mom.
I have been thinking lately that this is really what I live for--
what I wake up each morning hoping to be.
Unfortunately reality doesn't always align with our hopes.
I spent the week trying to:
wean a grouchy 1 1/2 year old from his bottles of milk,
help a preteen understand the range of emotions she is experiencing on a daily basis
(all the while trying to be patient with her myself),
and be a cheerleader for a girl who is sick of daily swim lessons.
All while I had 2 migraines, an achy kidney, and a sleepless child.
I most likely deserve the award for "crabby" mom --or "clean this up right now" Mom.
Who is it that actually gives out this Super Mom award
and
when will I ever win it?
What do you do to make a difference in your child's life each day?

2 comments:
I was hoping you wouldn't suffer from migranes once you got on a better sleeping schedule than you had when you were doing nursing in the middle of the night. I know at one point you were still doing that occasionally, do you work more often? Or maybe it's just that your "baby" still doesn't sleep? Have you ever tried peppermint oil under the tounge? It's so very strong, but it has worked for several people, including me. I don't get migranes, but perhaps it's worth a try!
I think being in the church sometimes makes us feel like we have to be Molly Mormon. I heard some church leader say that we mormon women put to much pressure on ourselves to be Molly Mornon. We just can't do everything and we shouldn't beat ourselves up for that. We just need to try and do our best as often as we can, and hopefullty in time we will become better. You are doing a great job with your kids. Keep up the good work.
Mom
Post a Comment