Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Mischief...

T'was a day before Christmas,
and all through the house,
Two creatures were stirring--
more destructive than a mouse.
The presents were strewn through the room with out care--
and one boy, scared of Santa, hopes he never will be there. The boys were not nestled all snug in their beds,
but piles of presents were towered over their heads.

And I in my track pants and Brenda in scrubs--had just settled down on the couch in our grubs.

When down in the basement there arose not a sound,

we knew in an instant that trouble would abound.

Away to the two year olds, we flew like a flash--

they had torn open presents and treated them like trash.

They spoke not a word, but went straight to their work--

piling up presents to climb on--an added mischief perk.

But I heard them sing as we exclaimed in a fright--

"Clean up, Clean up"--it is almost Christmas Night.

4 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

I miss those little troublemakers! They sure made Christmas fun!! Nice job on the poetry!!

Brenda said...

Man- After our stockings- the poetry must just be flowing! I laughed my head off! Are you just trying to get a better grade than me? I miss Carson having a little buddy- I also miss me having you around to help me clean up all these little troublemakers messes!!! So Cute!! Brenda

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Zach seems so grown up and can talk sooo well. Avery and Owen loved watching the video. Your poetry is very impressive. Great post and so cute!!! 2 is a busy but very fun age! We miss you guys!
The freezing four

Katie said...

It's so fun hearing your voice on the video, Michelle! And the poem is darling. Evan is now 18 months old, and today was one of those days when I just hope we survive this busy, demanding phase!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS