Today I was very tired
(from being up with a sick child half the night)
and because I was so tired, I decided to take a little rest.
So, when Dora came on,
I headed to my bed for a 30 minute nap.
Because Zach loves Dora--
Zach watches Dora--
and during Dora, I can rest.
Here is the lesson part---
NEVER EVER--leave one of these:
Because when you wake up 30 minutes later,
you might discover your debit card in shreds along with several gift cards,
credit cards and gym membership cards.
That nap just might not be worth it after that...
But--wait.
The best part is when you call the sweet lady at the bank to request a new debit card.
"Lost or stolen?" she asks.
"Shredded" I say.
"Shredded?" she asks.
"Yes, by my two year old." I reply.
"Do you realize that is very dangerous? Is your son hurt?" she says.
"Yes, dangerous and no he wasn't hurt." I say.
"Well, you are just lucky your son still has fingers." she informs me.
and yes--
I did learn an important lesson today.





7 comments:
Oh... Michelle..2 year old boys are busy and into everything. I am so happy Zach isn't hurt. I will have to remember this experience. Dora seems to be my babysitter when I need to get something done. Cute story and one to remember. I hope you get all your credit cards and everything worked out!
You are always so positive on the phone and you are amazing to me!
Isn't it nice of people to state the obvious and reprimend you for something you already know?!
(Glad it wasnt a worse situation.)
I'll try to send the picture I made to you again!
He is trouble and oh so very cute!!!! I hope you get everything worked out!
Jess
Shell,
That is so cute. So is Meghan's blog.
Mom
Okay, you make me feel good about how crazy busy Evan is. Sometimes I feel like he is the only one trying to kill himself . . . so glad Zach is okay, and sorry about losing the gift cards!!
oh. my. gosh.
Post a Comment