Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Day At The Beach

Meghan’s best friend from birth, Katy, is visiting us this week.  It has been so fun to have her here!

On Saturday, we decided to spend the afternoon at the lake.100_9927With the wide age gap in our family, it can be a challenge to find activities that a teenager, ten-year-old and three-year-old all want to participate in.  The lake was a perfect fit.  It was so nice to see everyone enjoying themselves.   beach with dadZach was so completely covered in sand and he loved every minute of it.100_9933100_9934I particularly enjoyed sitting, with nothing to do, soaking in some sun while sipping on an ice cold Diet Coke.  mom and megDriving home, Rachel said “That was fun!  We probably wouldn’t have done that if Katy wasn’t visiting.”  Ouch!  Maybe we need to play more! 100_9930Zach was fascinated by the tiny little birds that came to join our picnic.  He was able to get very close to them while he offered pieces of his hot dog bun.  He spent quite a bit of time laying out a feast of bread crumbs and cheese on the fence for the birds to enjoy. 100_9942 I just love to see life through his eyes. 

I wish that he could stay three forever.  100_9939100_9943           We are loving these summer days.  Not getting much done, but we are making some great memories!100_9944  It was just the kind of day that we needed.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so glad that you had such a nice day at the beach. I sooo miss your kids (& you too!) Meghan is turning into such a beauty. :) Ellie's birthday was last Friday-she is such a 5 year old now-full of sass. Eventually I will get around to posting about it. :)
Much love-jules

Nichelle said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!! I love the pictures of Zach making the feast for the birds. I know I need to plan more activites for my kiddos too!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I wish we could have joined you. It is nice to take a day and slow down. Life is going so fast, if don't take time to do these little things, time will be gone.

Love,
Gma

LW said...

Yes in that pic, it's Becky Butler, Dana and Judy's oldest - the ones that used to live in Michigan. Good memory!!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS