Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cider and Donuts

I ♥ to live in Michigan in the fall.010 

Today we headed over to the cider mill for some fall fun.  We met up with some friends, ate yummy cider and donuts and just enjoyed being outside before the truly cold weather comes. IMG_3125

The fall decorations seemed especially lovely to me today.  Crisp colored leaves, mums, dried cornstalks, all evidence of a changing season. 

It made me a little sad.  Ok.  It made me a lot sad to think about the seasons of life that I will be experiencing in the next year.016

In less than a year, we will have to say goodbye to these adorable little people, as they move on with life’s adventures.

022

          I can hardly imagine that tough season. 031

Shortly after that, I will say goodbye to my best buddy as he head heads off to kindergarten each day…possibly all day. 

Break my heart...IMG_3124        I realized that the season we have left together each day is very short.  Next year, I will have plenty of time to clean my baseboards and organize my closets.  This year, the house is going to be messier.  This season I am going to appreciate the time I have with this sweet boy.  I am sooo going to miss our daily adventures…even if it is just to Target.. 028     

And when we get to those tough seasons next year, we are going to just keep trying to move forward.

Please time, move slowly.

7 comments:

michiganbliss said...

Why are you trying to make me cry! Goodness. xoxo

Kraig n Melissa said...

You have a way with words! That is a nice reminder to slow down and enjoy the tender moments and people in our lives. Thanks for posting.

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Cute pictures... Zach is getting so handsome. Amber told me about this farm...hope the weather holds out, would love to take my kids... looks like so much fun! I sure do Love Michigan in the Fall...it really is the best.

Brenda said...

Those are some cute little kiddos!! I am praying that Zach goes to school half days for you. That would make the step a bit easier for you:) Maybe????? I will try to remember your wise words of wisdom...Lots and lots of time to clean later!!

Kelli said...

Such a great reminder & what fun! It isn't fall here yet even though our leaves are changing.

sarah, rsm said...

i, too, am loving michigan in the fall! :)

The Lorenc Family said...

Agreed. He is getting big way too fast. I can't imagine him away from home all day. Can you follow him there? :)

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS