Zach has literally been saving his pennies since last December in his baseball shaped bank to buy himself a ticket to a Detroit Tigers game.
The summer’s over and we still hadn’t made it to a game so last week, we took Zach’s change to the bank. He was THRILLED to learn that he had saved $56.00—enough to buy tickets for his whole family. He was so proud!
It was a beautiful night in Detroit. We ate at one of our favorite Chicago–style Pizza places downtown and headed over to Comerica Park.
Even though Detroit is so sad and run-down, I love sitting at the ball field beneath the skyline of the city.
Shae and Zach were so focused on the game that it was difficult to get them to pose for a picture. My son was seriously irritated that I kept making him turn around and smile. Sigh. Another sign he is getting older I guess.
I love that Zach wore his mitt for the first few innings hoping to catch a foul ball.
The ladies were not as focused on the game…..we focused on playing with the camera.
(baseball games are kinda slow-at least this one was)
In the end, it was a bummer that the Tigers lost, but the fireworks after the game certainly made up for it.
As the firework finale ended Zach exclaimed:
“Those fireworks were epic!”
Thanks for taking us all out to the ballgame Zachy!
3 comments:
Way to go Zach. It is fun to see your pictures and hear where you have been, because we have been there with you guys. Thanks for taking us to downtown Detroit and the pizza place. I was watching a show about buying your first place and it was in Detroit. They were looking at a condo there and showed the view from the window and there was the river and the people mover. I said I know that place, I have been there!
GMA
I LOVE IT! That's pretty amazing :) Wes and I were just talking about how we want to raise our kids to work, earn, save and appreciate money. We're pretty stoked that we have so many good examples of how to do this, you guys are awesome!
That is some serious five year old earning power? What does he do? :)
Post a Comment