Last week we went to Open House for Zach’s elementary school. We were all so excited to see his class room and meet his teacher.
He loved exploring his classroom. His favorites: the drinking fountain, the smart board, the kid sized computer station, and bathrooms IN the classroom. Many of the kids were amazed by the telephones that were in the play center—rotary phones with dials and cords.
Zach and Shae got to take a bus ride. I think the bus is what Zach is looking forward to most. He has been watching his sisters get to ride one and has been waiting for his turn.
We stopped by to see Mrs. Smith, Rachel’s kindergarten teacher. She is wonderful. I hope Zach gets to be in her class next year!
Meghan: First day as a sophomore.
Oops. I meant here is Meghan acting sophomoric.
Here she is on her actual first day of school. She has a big year ahead—turning 16, driving, dating, college prep, guitar, teaching guitar, piano and voice lessons. Oh and seminary. How could we forget early morning seminary.
We are so proud of her and all the things she balances.
Rachel: First day of middle school.
She woke up at 4:30 this morning and could not go back to sleep. She is going to be one tired kid tonight! She starts dance company today. Dance and piano are going to keep her pretty busy! I hope she finds her way around and can open her locker. She admits to being kinda nervous, but I know she will do great.
Zach: First day of Kindergarten
Yes-he is ready to go. (Even though Mom is not ready to send him to all day kindergarten.)
He was up early to get himself all ready and his lunch packed.
Gulp. Heart in my throat.
Zach found his friend Abby from church, and he was ready to start his day.Have a great day sweet kids!
I am missing summer already.
5 comments:
Still laughing about megs...a little teary about watching that boy headed to the bus...and those girls are growing up way too fast:( They all look darling!!
Michelle, I can't believe how amazing the kids look. Zack is so grown up looking. My oh my the girls are beautiful. How blessed you are.
There are times that it seems like our kids don't grow up fast enough for us. And then there are days like this when you realize they are growing up way too fast. Now if only we didn't get older with them, that would be nice. Hope you feel better.
So wonderful to see the kids! I was hoping that you would load these quickly. Are you lonely like me???? :) It gets easier-I promise. Rae said she was saving money to come see us, I told her I would pay some too- soooo please come! :) Miss and love you!
The pictures of your kids are so cute. Seeing Mrs. Smith makes me miss her and Village Oaks so much. I am so glad that Zach has a great kindergarten teacher. He is going to have a great year... you will be so glad he went full day, even though it is heart wrenching to send him off, he will grow so much this year! Thanks for posting... so good to see pictures of your kido's... Avery say's hello to all! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment