Saturday, December 8, 2007

Two Years Ago Today....








Two years ago today, we were participants in a miracle.

Two years ago, we went to the hospital in the middle of the night and met the most amazing young lady who was in labor.

She chose us to be the parents of her baby right then and there.

That sweet boy was born at 8:47 in the morning--a whopping 9 pounds 12 ounces.

And he was beautiful.

And life was beautiful.

And we experienced a miracle.

Our hearts were so full of love for this little child.

A parent's love, though we had only just met.
Adoption.

It was miraculous, and wonderful, and I was without words.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

That is so beautiful! Thanks for letting us all remember that amazing day!!! Sorry we all spaced his special day!!!!

The Barbers said...

Happy Birthday Zachy!! Wow, two years ago.....time goes so quickly.

Anonymous said...

Shell,
This blog brought back all the overwhelming feeling I had 2 years ago. I am crying just by looking at the pictures and reading what you wrote. We truly live in an amazing time and are blessed so much. Zach is truly a miracle, but let us also at this time of you remember our little miracles in our lives. How great full I am for the closeness of my family and the miracle of airplanes and cars so we can see each other often.
I hope all of us can remember our little miracle along with our big miracles. Heavenly Father truly love us and is there for us.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I started reading your thoughts about Zach's adoption and had to close my door. Couldn't have my coworkers thinking I was crying about my current work project.

Thank you very much for this post. We really have been part of a miracle and it felt good to reflect on the last two years with this little guy.

Love,
Dad

Lindsey from The R House said...

hooray! great, moving pictures.

Paula said...

This post brought back all of the memories of our adopting our little Hannah. I love the expressions on your faces. Pure love.

Castillo Family said...

It was an amazing day for us all, when I think back to that day, I remember sports center, the movie A league of their own, and my snickers, I told you it was a boy! I love you all, and I miss you all dearly!

I have been searching for your site and I am so happy to say I found you!!!

I have changed my email, hopefully it is attached to this comment.

From the bottom of my heart, your family is what I strive for mine to be, and Michelle and Shea, God put us in the right place at the most AMAZING time. Best of luck! Love and hugs to you all!

Megan

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS