Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Springtime in Michigan

Spring is nature's way of saying,

"Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

100_9175Springtime in Michigan certainly makes up for the long, cold winters we suffer through.  Everything is coming to life again and is simply beautiful.  The peonies and poppies are blooming…. 100_9094Friends are coming over to play.100_9092  Our flower pots are planted.100_9113Even the windows are washed.100_9114    The lawn is lush and green thanks to our Michigan thunderstorms and Zach is so happy to mow with his Dad.100_8975  The garden is planted full of vegetables.100_9073Our shade garden is thriving.100_9179The new perennials from the farmers market are growing beautifully. 100_9178 The Bachison’s gave us some lovely dahlias.100_9177 Zach’s favorite flowers are his “mary golds”.  We went to the flower shop and he fell in love with these yellow flowers…his favorite color.  He tends to them daily  and even picks a few to share with me.100_9176 I love gardening with the kids.  They get so excited when their plants bloom and grow.  Rachel has a few maple trees she is growing.  One is named “Maple” and the other is named “Bark”.100_9072Personally, I love Zach in his Diego gardening gloves.100_9165 100_9071

“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.”  ~Margaret Atwood

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks great. I love spring here too, after the wind goes away. I'm glad your kids like to garden. It is fun to see the things your plant grow.

Mom

Thatcher Family said...

WOW! Michelle! I'm jealous! Though, I guess I don't have the snow and cold you do during the winter. I sure would like some of your lush! Enjoy it a little more for people like me in the desert! ;)

Brenda said...

ooh, I miss visiting Michigan in the Spring! Maybe next year! Your flowers look so pretty! I am a little jeablous about all your colors, I only did red and yellow! I should have branched out, I guess there is always next year:)

Steoger Fam said...

Oh, how jealous am I of your yard! I long for the day when I get to have flower beds and a garden. I love those poppies! They're my fav color.
We miss you too! Our new ward is really nice. Lots of young families and play buddies for Averie. We have park days on Thursdays. You're more than welcome to come and bring Zack! Just let me know!

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Your pots look great Michelle... and so does your yard. I love the spring in Michigan too...I am so glad it is here. I hope those dahlias all bloom and are pretty colors. You will get addicted to those darn flowers, they are so fun. Love the picture of Zach and Avery, she had a great time and I really appreciate you watching her for me.

JANEAL said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Carter has the same Diego gloves. How fun for your kids to get to take care of their own plants. I'm going to have to do that next year for Carter because he loves to help in the garden. And there is nothing better than watching little boys help mow the lawn with Dads.

Holly said...

Brooklyn LOVES your pink flowers! Your yard looks great! How fun to finally have nice weather! I'm still wishing for it here in Idaho!

Nichelle said...

Your flowers are beautiful and your yard looks great!! My kids love to garden too, last night for family home evening we weeded the garden. They love helping. I hope that you bring some of that nice weather with you when you come at the end of the month!! :)

LW said...

Those flowers are BEAUTIFUL! It looks so gorgeous there! We have been getting LOTS of rain, and I can't wait for it to end! How are you guys!? I'm sure keeping busy with the kids being out of school. We miss and love you guys and are SO excited to see you at the reunion!!

The Lorenc Family said...

WOW. Very beautiful! Another talent I am impressed with you about!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS