We are officially back to school today.
This year came with a fair amount of stress….Meg does not have many friends in her classes, Rachel is going to a brand new school and doesn’t know most kids in her class, and Zach was just plain mad that his school doesn’t start till Thursday.
Our day starts at 6 am when Meg gets up to get ready. Here is her first day of 8th grade photo.
I love her new haircut—thanks Jen. She is really getting old…..
Although Rachel doesn’t have to get up until 7 am—she was up with Meghan. She was also awake at 3 am and had a tough time sleeping last night.
She did manage to pull together a cute first day of 5th grade outfit.This year she has 3 teachers and a locker…kind of a pre-middle school.
When did she grow up so fast? Zach was super bummed that he didn’t have anything special going on, so we picked up a buddy and headed to Toys R Us.
Zach is thinking he might like to be a pirate for Halloween.
This week, he has also mentioned that he really wants to be a fireman, a tiger, a zebra and Spiderman. I might have to wait to get a costume until October 30th. It was cute to watch Sydney run for all aisles pink, while Zach wanted to stay with the “boy toys”.
I guess that trains are co-educational?
Sigh….we are back to the routine….
backpacks strewn across the kitchen table, homework, papers to read and sign, homework, lunch money checks to write, homework, lunch boxes to wipe out, more school supplies to buy, back to school open houses, piano lessons, dance lessons, guitar lessons, soccer….
I might need to sign myself up for sanity lessons. Farewell summer, I miss thee.
5 comments:
oh I miss your kids. :) I miss seeing them on their first day of school. I'm feelin for ya on how busy you are. Maybe you should quit everything and move to Washington. :)
I hope the routine isn't too brutal too fat. You could just forget piano lessons like I did today! That helps slow things down like crazy! Good Luck tomorrow!!
Your kids are looking so grown up and cute! (Is that make-up on Meghan? Can't get McKenzie to go there quite yet! What other freshman has to be forced to wear make-up?) I feel your pain with the chaos that comes with school starting. And thanks for the surprise pics of my favorite Syd!
I totally empathise on the schedule!! Andrew just started conditiong for basketball so I'm making three trips to the high school every day (Delainey goes to pre-K at the high school) plus swim team, piano, regular pick up...it does make one wonder about sanity!!
So glad thinks are getting back to normal. I know it is hard and good when the kids go back to school. They are sure growing up.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment