Last Tuesday, Shae came home from work with a surprise—4 VIP tickets for American Idols Live. As a family, we watched every episode of this last season and I had wanted to go to the concert so much. So when Shae came home with free tickets, I was pretty excited. We got a babysitter for Zach and told the girls we were going to a "work even"t for Dad. (They had no clue.) When we were about halfway to the concert, Shae handed each girl a ticket and thanked them for being willing to come to his “work event”.
They stared at the tickets and Rachel said “Is this for real?”
Rachel and I were probably the most excited to go. Meghan had a rough day prior to the concert when she registered for her 8th grade classes and learned that none of her good friends were in class with her.
She was pretty bummed out. Actually, she was very bummed out. The tickets were amazing.
As we walked to our seats we just kept getting closer and closer to the stage.

I loved watching the Ford commercials. It has been a hard year to be excited to work for Ford, but at the concert, Ford came off looking like a rock star.
I was so grateful for Shae’s job……oh and to see Kris Allen.All of the top ten sounded amazing.
During the season, I was not a big Anoop fan, but he sounded so good singing live. I really enjoyed his songs….especially when he sang “Mad” by Ne-Yo. Matt Girard was a HUGE hit. He is a homey—growing up in Michigan and the crowd loved him. I just love watching him on the piano. So talented.
Danny Gokey was Zach’s favorite singer this year. We didn’t tell him where we were headed—he would have been so mad to miss the concert. He still doesn’t know we went—so shhhh.
Danny talked a lot to the crowd. I loved when he sang “My Wish For You” by Rascal Flatts. So good. He was fun to watch and he sounds so good live. Allison was a darling little rock star and I think she was Meghan’s favorite.
The crowd went wild when Adam came on. Everyone was standing for all his songs. He voice was great even though I didn’t appreciate some of his more risque movements. We had to cover Rachel’s eyes a bit. Yuck.
This is a photo that Shae took of me literally screaming like a teenager as Kris Allen came up through the bottom of the stage singing “Heartless.” I ♥ Kris.
That was soooo fun. I could have listened to him sing for a long, long time.
It was over too quickly.
The final number was “Don’t Stop Believing.” We loved this one.
Here are a couple of our favorite performances…..
We loved when Scott sang Michelle Branch’s “A Thousand Miles”
Matt was awesome singing The Fray.
and of course....the best part of the show.....Kris!
10 comments:
Oh I am so glad that you got to go! I remember you tivo-ing it every week and being a Kris fan! I love how you were screaming for him! :)
Hopefully that wonderful night helped cheer up Meghan's bad day. :)
I am jealous! We love American Idol here too. I love that it's a show we can all watch together and get excited about. I'm glad you got to go and see Kris!
WE (as in me, Haylee, and Bell) are sooo very jealous. Looks like such a fun time!! I'm so glad you guys were able to go!
I'm SO VERY jealous!!
How fun for all of you. You needed that night out and to be a kid again. Loved all the pics. Thanks for posting them. It was fun to live it through your eyes.
How fun! We loved Kris this year too. We went to last year's concert in Utah. I'm not sure my ears are recovered even now from the screaming when Archuleta came on stage.
How Fun! That was great that you were able to keep it a surprise. When/if Zach does find out, you will just have to remind him about the Monster Truck event he got to go to. You guys get to do the coolest things as a family through Ford!
Sounds like a blast!! Too bad that Meghan's day had to put a damper on it for her!
What a fabulous family outing! I have to say I'm a little jealous. Ok, a lot jealous. I definitely have a bit of a celebrity crush on Kris Allen. How fun for you guys!
And if it helps, Meghan, I didn't know anyone in my 8th grade class because we had just moved, but because of that I learned how to meet new people and made some of the best friends I've ever had. I bet you'll have an awesome year!
Post a Comment