At the end of our first day in DC, we walked over to see the White House.
We couldn’t get very close to the south side of the building because security had closed it all off. As we walked around to the North side, we noticed some men guarding the grounds and holding duffle bags. My dad commented “I bet they have automatic weapons in there.” Then all of a sudden, a motorcade of several black SVU’s came bolting in through the gates. An ambulance following the motorcade pulled in behind and then continued right on out another gate. I don’t know who was in that motorcade, but it must have been someone fairly important. I thought it was interesting that an ambulance travels with the motorcade “just in case”. As we came around to the front of the White House, we saw about 10 Secret Service Men walking into the West Wing carrying black duffle bags. It was all pretty exciting and mysterious.
All over DC, the security was very tight. A police officer made me delete a photo I had taken in the Capitol building because I took the picture in the direction of a “secure location.”
This also might have been the day that Rachel came to a realization. Upon hearing that funding to the Space Shuttle program was ending, she said:
“So, President Obama crushes the dreams of little children. Niiiice.”
Wish you could have heard Grandpa laughing about that comment.
3 comments:
Thanks for invited us to go with you. It was a neat trip. Rachel is so funny. I just love it when your kids do and say things that make Nmgp laugh.
haha! I love that Rachel. Very cool vacation!
I can totally hear your dad laughing about Rachel's comment! That was fun to see your pics. Glad you guys were able to go there to DC. Someday...
Post a Comment