Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Celebrating Love

I think I really like Valentine's Day.

I am happy there is a holiday to celebrate all of the people you love on one special day.

My grandparents are one of the best examples of enduring love.
There was no question they were in love.
They fished together--
camped together.
They really liked to take long walks together.
Somedays--you would find them just hanging out at Sams Club together.
They had tough times, happy times, very silly times and very sad times.
But everytime I was with them,
I could feel their love.
It was contagious-
It was enduring-
It was comforting.
I truly miss them and I am thinking about them on this day celebrating love.
____________________________________
How lucky am I that my parents are another great example of love.

They build houses together--

go hiking and cross country skiing together--

watch O'Reilly together while they eat their rice and salad.

They roast hotdogs in the snow with their grandchildren and truly put their family first.

They are continuing a great legacy of love for my children--

How lucky am I?

3 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

So neat. I am so glad you posted this. I thnk I love valentines day too.

We Are Losing It! said...

OK, Shelly,
I didn't need to start the day crying, but thank you for reminding me of the great example Glenna and Lyle are to me. I do miss them. Glenna was truly my Mom, in every sense of the word. I am so greatful to my children for loving me inspite of my faults. I wish I could have that with my Mom. I guess this last visit finally made me realize that I will never have a relationship with my Mom, like I had with Glenna, or that I have with you girls. I love you and am so grateful for the times we have together. I hope all of you have a great Valentine's Day.

Mom

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Happy Valentines to the Michiganders. We are sure excited to return home to Michigan... 6 days and counting. Hugs and Kisses

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS