Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Making Do

I guess if there is 6 more weeks of winter, we are going to have to find ways to enjoy it.
Today we tried "Snow Painting".
(Thanks to Hanna for the great idea!)
It was a huge hit!
We took bottled water, added food coloring and Voila--a full hour of fun in the snow.
(I am seriously feeling so sorry for all you people living in warm climates today!
You are sooo missing out.)
I love that it is warming up so much here in Michigan (38 degrees)
that Meghan didn't even think she needed a coat!



Of course, since Zach's favorite color is yellow....
he spent the whole time making
YELLOW SNOW!
Nice...

And being a nurse--I can vouch for that authenticity of that amber liquid.
We got the color just about right.

6 comments:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I am so glad that you tried it. It was a HUGE hit at our house. Chandler also chose yellow, and it gave us a good laugh. It looks like a large animal has taken over our yard!!!YIKES!!
I am over the Winter just as much as you are. I keep trying to make the best of it, but I am running out of ideas!!!

Brenda said...

Glad your kiddos had fun too! I so love the yellow snow! None of my children have tried that color, but it sounds lovely:)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had know about that idea when you kids were little. I think it would have been a great hit.

Love,
Mom

The Barbers said...

Looks like fun! My kids would have enjoyed that. But we are content to sit in our (recently) 65-70 degrees and watch y'all paint in your snow! :)

The Lorenc Family said...

Yellow snow... haha!!! I am glad to see you guys had so much fun! I AM jealous...

mattandhonor said...

I totally digging the yellow snow-does he know what "Real" yellow snow is????
Braden seriously misses the cold weather and the snow, but I'm ok without it!!
I'm glad you're having fun with it since you have it though!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS