
This is my sweetie boy.........and he is hurting right now.
It all started Monday night, when I came home from work and kissed his hot, feverish forehead.
The next day he tells his day is tongue hurts, but we don't think much of it.
Tuesday night he is burning hot. He sleeps okay, and then takes a huge nap.
I get a lot done on Wednesday.
Wednesday night. No sleep. Miserable child. White bumps all over his throat.
He was up literally the entire night--till 6:30am when he fell asleep, still writhing in my arms from pain. Shae takes him to the doctor in the morning while I try to get some sleep.
Just a virus she says.
Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease.
Many canker-sore like blisters in his mouth and throat.
Over in 7-10 days she says.
Give him Motrin and then alternate with Tylenol she says.
Where is the Codiene -- I say?
I have never seen a child in such pain. Thursday was Meghan's B-day. Craziness. The parents are delirious, the house is a mess and our birthday party was impromptu.
Not the way I like to do things.
I even forgot candles and Meg's cheesecake and the whole Happy Birthday song. Seriously.
(so sorry Megs!)
Thursday night, Zach is unbearable. He has had either Motrin or Tylenol every three hours for the past two days and he is still miserable. I call the on-call Doctor at midnight.
Where is the Codiene -- I say?
Go to the ER for medicine -- she says.
No ER all night for me -- I say.
So Shae sleeps on an air mattress in Zach's room while I am up most of the night with Zach in our bed. He wakes up every 20 minutes or so crying. He can't eat, hurts to drink. Poor Baby.
Where is the Codiene I say?
Now it is Friday. Meghan's friend birthday party is postponed (what an understanding teenager!) What a long week! I am angry at my doctors who won't write a prescription for a child who is in more pain than I have ever seen him in.
I want them to be patients at my hospital, and I will be their nurse and I will "forget" to bring their post-op pain meds in.
(yes--I am crabby and sleep deprived.)
I will give them motrin and tylenol--alternating of course.
and they will say
Where is the Codiene?
I am off to start night #4. Not looking good. He has already been up 6 times.
Wish me luck and send me drugs.
10 comments:
I am so SORRY Zach!!! We hope you get better sooner than later! We hope all of you will get some SLEEP too! Happy Birthday Meghan... Avery loved watching your video and her favorite picture is you in your fancy yellow dance outfit! She thinks you look like a SUPER STAR!
How did he get that?! Poor baby! And poor Lorenc's. We will pray that y'all get better sleep this week and that he can heal more comfortably!
That sounds terrible. I can't imagine how uncomfortable he is. I sure hope he starts feeling better soon. It's so hard to function when you aren't getting sleep.
I'm so sorry you are dealing with that with him. Nothing is worse than seeing your little one sick and miserable! Hope your nights are starting to go better.
I have heard from others that what Zach has is completely miserable for everybody. I hope your nights get better soon and that you can reason with that unreasonable doctor (how nice that it is the weekend).
And yes, feel free to add our link to your blog.
Hope he is feeling better soon. How on earth are you handling this wonder woman? So glad you have such a sweet teenager:)
Oh no! Poor little guy! And poor mammma!! Hope things start to look up for you guys!
If this ever happens again I think you should find a "friend" at work and have them hook you up.....Codeine anyone????
Glad he's feeling better-sorry the door had to pay for it!!
It is so hard to have sick kids. I think I would rather be sick than deal with sick kids.
I am so sorry for you guys that you had to go through that! Don't you wish doctors knew mother were the all knowing when it comes to their kids? It really should be a law...
Post a Comment