Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Week Worth of Spookiness

Monday....
For FHE, we carved our pumpkins. Meghan chose to carve a ghost.
I was totally loving that she didn't need any parental help.
Zach only wanted to carve a "happy face."
He was braver this year, and even helped to clean out the "yucky guts".
Rachel wanted to Shae to help her create Harry Potter a la pumpkin.
[She knows her Dad is the creative parent.]
Here they are discussing how they could carve the glasses.
Mom got to help Zach carve his happy face using a handy pattern we bought at Walmart.
Simple.
Those carving kits are brilliant.
The results:

Tuesday...

We attended out Ward Chili Cook-Off and Trunk or Treat.

Zach was a scary bat, Rachel was a pioneer and Meghan went as a "multiple personality" with "Hello! My name is.... stickers all over her.
Some of my favorite of her personalities--Elvis, Bill Gates, Michael JordanZach loved seeing his friends all dressed up in their Halloween finest.
Here is Nash, Ellie....Avery, (we didn't get a photo of Owen)...and Syd.FRIDAY...
Zach and I got to visit Rachel at school and watch the Halloween Parade.

This is not the greatest photo, but I just love the emotion it shows.

These kids are crazy about each other.

Zach's new favorite face for the camera....

FRIDAY EVENING....

It was so warm Halloween night, that I wondered if Zach would wear his costume.

We completely enjoyed the weather.


Rachel and Meg went as witches, and Zach was their bat.

We learned that seventh graders would really rather hang out with friends on Halloween.

{We are really gonna miss those good old days.}



Hope you had a SPOOKY HALLOWEEN!

8 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

Sounds like you guys had a pretty fun week. The pumpkins look fabulous. We didn't even carve them this year. Pathetic huh? Everyone looks great in their costumes. Glad you guys had a Happy Halloween!

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had a great week! The costumes are awesome! It's such a fun holiday for the kids! :)

JANEAL said...

Cute costumes! Way to be brave Zach! It looks like you guys had a fun week.

Brenda said...

I love Meghans stockings, Rachels red lips, and a scary as heck bat! Love the pumpkins, and I also think Megs multiple personalities is totally creative! Would you tell that girl to stop looking so old, it is making me feel really old. Thanks for the pictures! Miss you guys:)

♥Seri said...

Michelle:
I love the costumes! I was just looking at your girls all dressed up--you better hold on tight when they're ready to date!! They are beautiful! It looks like you all had a great week of celebration.
How did your painting project ever turn out? We just got our family pictures taken, so when I finally choose one for our blog, I'll let you know! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Glad you had a good time.

The Barbers said...

I like Rachel's creativity in what to carve. Mardi had high goals for hers, but since the two younger can't do their own, we couldn't really help her and she just went with a face. Next year I think we will clean out our pumpkins before F.H.E. so all of our time can be spent carving. It took to long to do it all at once. (of course all the pumpkins were huge too!) Wal-mart didn't have much variety. Shocker.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

You are quite the photographer, the pics of your kiddo's are FANTASTIC!!! It was a week long event at our home as well!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS