Sunday, November 30, 2008

Poor, poor blog


November has been a crazy, crazy month.
{See my poor, neglected blog as evidence.}

Today, Zach is home from church with a cold and I am taking an opportunity to get caught up on some posts.

Catch up item #1: October trip to Sagautuck, MI with my parents.

After sending three days in beautiful Chicago, we headed to this lovely cottage on Lake Michigan.


We probably could have been happy if we never would have left the cottage.

Rachel and Zach loved relaxing in the hammock.
We had access to our own personal beach.

The kids spent hours there--playing in the sand.


We had the most amazing weather!

Although it was October, the temperature was near 80.
I was really sad that I did not bring swimming suits.

Apparently, no one cared if they had suits or not. (adults included.)
We went on a hike everyday and all trails seemed to lead us to the beach, where we would end up with soggy, sandy clothes.
It was pure heaven.Of course, Rachel and Grandpa had a little sand war.
That cranked Zach up. He got me good with a handful of wet sand right in my hair and mouth.

We always stop at a lighthouse or two on our trip.

The scenery was beautiful.

The sunsets were amazing.

Having hours to soak in the sun and watch children play was pure bliss.

I want to go back right now.
Thanks Mom and Dad for the wonderful trip.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go back now!!! It was a great trip.

Love,
Mom

Tiffani said...

Michelle, your photography is amazing on this post! Thanks for sharing your fun memories!

Brenda said...

So glad we got to finally see the pictures! I can't believe I didn't see any of mom's! Looks like a ton of fun! Hope you can slow down sometime soon, but it probably will not be until December 18th:)

Nichelle said...

It looks so beautiful there. I bet you guys had a great time. I wish I could go there. I really need a break right about now. I hope that things slow down for you soon.

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Wow! I can see why you want to go back right now... what a fun trip! Love the house and the private beach... 6 stars forsure! The beach shots of your kids are darling!

Head Over Hills said...

I want to go too. It looks so beautiful and peaceful! And warm! Thanks for getting the pictures posted. It is so fun to see what you did on your trip.

Thatcher Family said...

Wow! What great photos! Thanks for sharing. Makes me wanna go too!!

The Barbers said...

What a great trip! We would love a vacation like that! The cabin looks particularly fun.

LW said...

Your parents are the best!! We love spending time with them, they are so much fun! Looks like the kids love being around them so much!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS