Thursday, January 22, 2009

Middle School

Remember back in Middle School--when you would just have those days when nothing is working out and you are close to tears evey second and you can't handle one more ounce of stress?
Remember how you worried about what friends would think, and if you were meeting all your obligations like piano lessons and homework and chores?
Remember how you felt like you might not make it one more day or manage one more thing even though the problems you faced were not life and death?

Why at 36 do I still have days like that?
(maybe I need a trip to the mall....that used to do the trick.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was closer and we could go the lunch. I could also help with the kids. Maybe someday you will live close enough for me to be able to help.

Love,
Mom

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I appreciate this post more than you know. I am having one of those days/weeks/months/ and possibly my entire life! I love that some one has finally put how I have been feeling into words. A trip to the mall does sound good, except for the fact that I would try on something and then be more miserable than I already was because it doesn't fit how I want it to. AAAHHHH... the life of a Mother. The sad thing is I wouldn't change it for anything!

Cheer Up!

Brenda said...

So, I went to Mom's tonight. I was down in your room, and I thought, too bad we can't live across the hallway from each other all the time. (That's what we did when we were in middle school, so it seems fitting!) Sorry you and Megs have to deal with all of this bologna. I had a large dose of middle school with my poor little girl too, I just wish it was Christmas time and we had an entire night to watch Jim, Jack, or Link! They seem to always take away the reality of life:)

If not, I am totally game to try the mall as well. The purses are calling my name!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the great comments on my page! We will totally have to get together at the mall next week once we get back. Also, I don't know what the supplies are like now, but you can get free makeup as part of a class action suit from the big department stores if you bought certain brands from them. I keep forgetting to check it out. That could be a pick me up as well!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS