Sunday, January 18, 2009

Who's Ready for Monster Jam?

Zach's obsession with the TV show Monster Jam began about a year ago.
His most prized possession: the little "hot wheels" versions of the famous trucks.
Grave Digger and Blue Thunder (the Ford sponsored truck) are his favorites.
When Shae found out that Monster Jam was coming to Detroit, he really wanted to get Zach tickets for Christmas, but we decided to wait until he was a little older and we were a little richer. Then last Friday, Shae called from work and excitedly announced that he was generously given 6 tickets to Monster Jam the next day.
(Thanks so much to Todd for making a little boy's year!)

Zach was freaking out!

We headed to Ford Field in a blizzard and waited about 30 minutes in the snow to get into the stadium.

We went early to the "Party in the Pits" where we got to see the trucks and drivers up close. Zach's face was priceless when he first saw the pits and recognized the trucks that he had only seen on TV.
He was genuinely so amazed and excited.
It was so fun to see the joy on his face.

He was able to see Grave Digger and Blue Thunder up close and in person. My very favorite part was Zach's face when he recognized the driver of Blue Thunder--Linsey Weenk. We waited in line and Linsey signed Zach's Blue Thunder T-shirt.


This face says it all--he was so proud.

He held onto his ticket for about the first hour.
Even Meghan and Rachel had a blast.
We especially loved watching the motorcycles do flips off the enormous ramps.
(Dig the guy with the huge tatoos in the background?)
Here is a piece of the action--filmed especially for Carson.
Wish you could have come with us Buddy.


8 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

That is so awesome. I wish I could have seen Zach there. I'll bet his face was priceless. I'm so glad you guys were able to go!

Brenda said...

Oh, the fun we would have if we lived in the same state! Wish we had an hairplane (as Carson says) to take Carson with you to Monster Jam!!! What a fun day for for Zacho- glad you remembered the ear plugs. If it ever comes to our state again, we will have to go. (Great Idea with the shirt, priceless that he got it signed!)

mattandhonor said...

Yeah for Zach!! I absolutely LOVE moments like that!! Glad you could go!!

The Barbers said...

I am so grateful when people think of us when they are giving things away! I have gotten to see Rascal Flatts and Dolly Parton because of generous people not being able to use tickets they bought and thought of us to give them to!! What fun for him to see something like that.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys got to go. I think it would have been a blast to go. I think Dad would have liked it. Tell Zacho "Hello".

Love,
Gma

JANEAL said...

I'll bet this was a dream come true for Zach.

LW said...

Zach looks so happy! Looks like you guys had some fun family time together!!

♥Seri said...

Wow- that is some sweet action at the Monster Jam! My 4 yr old was loving the video clip you posted. I think that would be such a fun family event for us! Even better that someone couldn't use their tickets!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS