Sunday, March 15, 2009

Decisions

I am wrestling with some decisions right now and although I have every confidence that I will find the right answer, the process can be difficult. The thought that keeps coming back to me today:

Is my life about getting what I want or about gaining experience?
I am reminded of this quote again by Randy Pausch:
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted...
And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer."

I look back on my life and on the things that were really difficult to bear and realize that is truly where I have gained knowledge, maturity and experience. Though those trials I have come to know myself so much better. I have learned how to get answers to my prayers and have learned to be patient with the Lord's timing. There are such valuable lessons for me personally.

So I guess if experience is what I am going to get, I need to be sure that I face it with faith. I love this quote by President Gordon B. Hinckley:

“Be true to the Lord. He is your strength. He is your salvation. It is He who can bless you.
It is He who desires to bless you.
Look to Him for every gift and grace and blessing. Get on your knees and pray and stand on your feet and do His will and put your trust and faith in Him and God will bless you."

6 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

I think you are exactly right. Thanks for your thoughts. I hope you figure things out. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I know that Heavenly Father will give you your answer. Hang in there, Satan likes to mess with at times like this. We are praying for you.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey there- so I woke up this morning and thought of you. You were in my prayers. :) I know that this is weighing heavy on you, but I also know that you follow the Spirit even when it isn't always easy and convenient. I know you will get your answer.

Kelli said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you too. I hope you find the answers and guidance you are seeking soon. Life is such a journey-thank heavens for the gospel.

And who knows-maybe I will be out there again in the future as we begin our adoption journey. I wish we were closer because I think you and I are very much alike.

Holly said...

I LOVE quotes! These ones were great! Thanks for sharing! I hope you get some answers. It's always hard to know if we are on the right path or not.

Hallie Owens said...

Thanks for sharing the Pres. Hinckely quote. It made me think of our adoption and how much more praying I need to do for it. You always inspire me!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS