For as long as I can remember, I have dreamed of having a minivan full of kids.
Don't get me wrong...it is not like the minivan is my dream car.
No, the dream was being able to fill up a vehicle with four or five beautiful little children.
Back in October of 2005, I was feeling like that dream would never become a reality. We had struggled through years of infertility and about a year waiting to adopt, and my spirits were really low. I was starting to lose hope that any more children would make their way into our home.
(not that I wasn't incredibly grateful for Meghan and Rachel...)
Then everything started to change with one early morning phone call...
Then everything started to change with one early morning phone call... Shae: Um, Shell? I got in a little accident on the way to work.
Michelle: (a bit shaken up) Are you ok?
Shae: It isn't bad. I'm fine.

The car was totalled.
In fact, the cinnamon roll Shae had been eating when he was hit was now plastered to the rear window.
(I love the guy in the background checking out the damage.)
That was when our luck started to change for the better. Lucky me....I got a new car.

Lucky me...just two months later, I was driving home from the hospital with joyful tears streaming down my cheeks. I was living my dream...driving home a minivan full of children...
my beautiful children.

Dreams do come true.

9 comments:
Miracles never cease...
Yes they do.
Stop making me cry. It isn't healthy for me on a Saturday morning-the boys think I am losing it! :) I remember all of those events. Gosh, our Heavenly Father is so aware of us.
I LOVE this story. You are right dreams do come true! What a blessing. :)
Truly a miracle! This makes me cry. Heavenly Father really knows us and knows how much we can handle.
You make me cry. I was there for some of that. I couldn't wait for you to fly home with that new baby, that was an answer to so many prayers. We have so many blessing. I am grateful for all of them.
Love,
Mom
This is such a great story and a wonderful way to be able to keep focused on all the positive wonderful things you have going for you right now! Thanks for sharing it!
I love the picture of those two sweet girls holding that cute boy in the hospital! They are as happy as I have ever seen them! I remember you driving home from the hospital, telling me you finally had a minivan with 3 kids in it, trying not to cry, and getting dirty looks from your husband driving in the other car, not happy you were talking on your cell phone while you were driving with that minivan full of kiddos!!
That is such a neat story!! Dreams really do come true, and miracles happen everyday!! I love the pictures of you kids holding Zach. I am so happy that you had your dream come true!
Post a Comment