Zach is not a big fan of chores. He can be pretty hard to motivate. Lately though, he has decided to save money to buy a monster truck..."Monster Mutt Dalmation". His little piggy bank sits on his dresser...it has about 39 cents in it.
(I think that money was actually an advance from his sister Rachel.)
When I mentioned on Saturday that he could earn some money if he would do his chores he exclaimed " Oh! I need some cash!"
So after he picked up his toys, helped make his bed and put laundry away, Shae sat his down for his payday. He gave him 50 cents. We thought this would be a perfect way to teaching him about paying his tithing. They figured out what ten percent of his earnings were and Shae explained that his precious monster truck money would be used to help build temples and churchs all over the world.
Willingly, he put his nickel in the tithing envelope, wrote a big "Z" on it and sealed it up to give to the bishop. Fast forward to Sunday, sitting in church. We had Zach's tithing in the diaper bag, but had almost forgotten about it.
Zach didn't forget.
When our Bishop came to the pulpit at the beginning of our services and announced,
"Good afternoon brothers and sisters. I'm Bishop Ostraff and I'll be conducting today",
Zach suddenly looked up and exclaimed,
"Oh yeah. I have mail for that guy!"
8 comments:
I love it! He is so very funny!
So cute! And what a funny kid! I can't wait for moments like that where I can teach McCoy simple truths of the gospel.
Michelle, That is so very funny! I can see Zach doing that too. What a great teaching experience for Shae and Zach.
Awesome-I love the "mail" idea!! Way to go Zach!!
Well it does look like mail!
That is so cute! And such an important lesson!
He is so cute. I love to hear stories about him.
Love,
Mom
Awww! That is so awesome!
Post a Comment