
The weather was a bit of a challenge on our trip to Canada--but the day we took our major hike on the Bruce Trail--it was beautiful. The water of Lake Huron was an amazing turquoise blue.

We spent about an hour climbing over the limestone rocks and cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment (that is what the cliffs and rock formations are called). It was really stressful for me because I really hate heights and having my children climb all over theses cliffs was unsettling for me. The cliffs are much more dangerous looking up close and in person. It was about a 30 foot drop straight down from where Rachel is standing.

These rock formations--the Escarpment--continue from the tip of Bruce Peninsula 250 miles south, where the Niagara River sends tons of water over the escarpment--forming the famous Niagara Falls.

Here is a view looking back on those cliffs from a distance.

This cave formed out of the cliffs is called "The Grotto". We had wanted to hike down in to it and explore, but it wasn't a very safe place for Zach to be roaming around.

Like I said--I was pretty stressed being out on these cliffs--I really wanted everyone to stay away from the edge. The smart people in this group are not pictured! (Grandma, Rachel and I stayed farther from the edge.)

It was a very
beautiful day.

2 comments:
Hey, Shelly,
We had a great time!!!!
Mom
These pictures are georgous!!! How fun!
Post a Comment