Monday, October 8, 2007

Day One....

My parents are here in Michigan visiting for their annual trip--the one where we beg them to help us with a home remodeling project that we lack the skill to pull off ourselves.
There have been many projects over the years--some yucky and some even more yucky.

This year, we are replacing this lovely

peach formica countertop

with a newly constructed granite tile countertop.

Today was DAY ONE.

DEMOLITION DAY.

D-DAY...It is the day we find out just how poorly our home is put together--how crooked our cabinents are and how not attached to the wall they are.

It is the day my Dad probably wishes he could knock it all down and build it from scratch.

Here is a peek at the granite we chose--I hope we chose wisely--

there is no turning back now.

This little project has left us without a sink, stove, dishwasher, countertop (of course), and at times, electricity.

Zach has loved watching Grandpa work--he wants to eat his meals sitting on the floor by him so he can watch.

When I asked him what happened to our sink today--he said "Granpa taked it." I asked about the dishwasher, "Granpa taked it too."

But he reassures me that "Granpa fix it." I hope so--we only have 3 days left...

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow!! Looks like fun. I am trying really hard to not be too jealous that I am not hanging out with you all. It does help to see how much fun your not having!! Good Luck !! Keep me posted!!

Brenda said...

OOps! Forgot to say how cute and so much older Zac-O Looks!! Looks like him and Grandpa are doing some bonding!!

The Barbers said...

OOOOOOO! Fun!!! I have loved the remodeling we've finally gotten done in our house. (There is still stuff to do that should have been done long ago.)

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS