In my crazy teen-aged brain--I thought I would be sneaky and read after I was told to turn out the lights. I took the lampshade off my lamp and got down on the floor of my room under a blanket to continue reading. My hope was that the light wouldn't show through my closed bedroom door into the hallway.
Well, I fell asleep and burned a 3 inch hole in the carpet of my bedroom--clear through to the subfloor underneath. I honestly have no memory of the punishment I must have received after nearly burning down my parent's house and possibly endangering lives.
Now that I am an adult, it is alot less risky to read--no one tells me when I have to turn out the light, and I am smart enough to leave the lampshade on the lamp.
(Kids these days are so lucky to have these. )
Here is my current late night friend:


3 comments:
I don't remember your punishment either. It must of not been to bad or one of us would have remembered. Cute blog.
Mom
Mardi loves to read and Keddi loves that she is learning!
I can't access The (Matt) Brady's blog anymore. It says I wasn't invited now. Do you have this problem?
Oh yes, I was a reading addict as a child too - luckily I had a nice strong nightlight that allowed me to stay up way later than I should have. I should ask my mom one of these days if she knew about that...
My oldest is just starting to read but so far she's devouring books at a similar pace. :)
Post a Comment