Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Why I Love Little Boys....

I think there is something really special about being the mother of a little boy.
Before Zach was born I didn't really get it.
I thought girls were much calmer, better behaved, fun to dress, and perhaps even cuter...

But, I get it now.I love little boys because.....you never know what might happen next.
I love little boys because.......they are game to try almost anything.
I love little boys because......they just look so danged cute playing in the dirt with a huge dump truck.
I love little boys because.......they can sure eat.
I love little boys because......they look so cute in a buzz cut.I love little boys because.....they are always good for a laugh.
I love little boys because......they have the cutest little muscles.
I love little boys because......they all want to be a fireman when they grow up.
I love little boys because......they shovel the driveway for you and sip hot chocolate. I love little boys because....... they start out so small and helpless and precious.
I love little boys because...... they think baseball hats look great with church clothes.
I love little boys because......they like to be just like dad.
I love little boys because......they can get down and dirty. No problem.
(Ask me again how I feel when he is a Cub Scout and I may have a different opinion.)

6 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

Perfect!

Katie said...

I so agree with you about little boys. After having two older girls, I thought girls were just the best. However, I have to admit, I am completely smitten by my little man, and he is way more spoiled than he probably ought to be. It is so fun to have a little boy around the house! And definitely always an adventure.

Brenda said...

So Cute!! That was so darling! I might need to copy that wonderful idea! Thanks for making my boy a part of it! I love seeing those two buddies together! And it TOTALLY made me excited for summer! Here's hoping for cheap airline tickets!!!

Leisha Mareth said...

So cute! Yay for little boys!

Brittany said...

what a cutie! boys look like fun!

Anonymous said...

My grils are so talented with there blogging. You all just do so cute things. I am glad to live at a time when we can stay so close by bloging, telephone, and webcam.

Love,
Mom

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS