We spent a day of our trip to Utah in Provo, visiting some of the places we used to live and reliving some old memories. The balcony on the top floor was the apartment Shae and I lived in when we were first married. We have lots of fun memories there. Meghan was also born when we lived there. We didn't realize that the tree in front of our apartment made a "Y". Cool eh?
This is the fire hydrant outside our "Quad" at Wymount. I lived in the same quad with my parents when I was a little girl. My parents used to take photos of me next to that hydrant. Zach wouldn't leave the playground long enough to pose for a photo.
This is the apartment I lived in until I was five or six.
Our girls wanted to take a photo of Shae and I at the Bell Tower--we used to meet here and hang out and chat. It was halfway between our dorms...We sure look a lot older than we did back then.
Here is a photo of the hall I lived in for 2 years. It was being remodeled and so we were able to go take a look inside.
One of our favorite spots was the Creamery. We stopped there to get ice cream--I think it was the kids favorite spot too. They loved the BYU bookstore as well. We each bought everyone a BYU shirt and fudge. 
We finished up with a trip to Brick Oven with our friends Dan and Paqui. It was one of our favorite restaurants in Provo. There was a guy there making balloon people. He made Giselle from Enchanted for Meghan, Arielle from Little Mermaid for Rachel and Buzz Lightyear for Zach.
8 comments:
How fun to go back and visit places that bring back so many memories. Wow those are some really good balloon people!
I loved living in the Married student housing! But ours was at the U of U. But I totally agree about the Creamery. It has always been one of my favorite spots in Utah. I love the picture of the boys in the fountain. Too bad it was at the Temple. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!
Lorenc Family...we miss you guys. It looks like you are all having a wonderful time. Avery loved the Ariel balloon... she went nuts looking at the picture of your cute kids and their balloons. It will be fun to see you all when you return to Michigan... Enjoy the rest of your trip!
A trip down memory lane... Good times at Young Hall. We passed the back side of Young Hall going home from the stadium the other night. Wow does that seem long ago! I do remember it with fond memories though.
Just being in Provo is a trip down memory lane, don't you think? Thanks for sharing.
That sounds like a fun trip down memory land. I bet your kids loved seeing all of those places. I bet that they all love the icecream place, I know I would have.
Holy Cow! Not only is this fun for me because of course I share many of these same memories, but our family was in Provo just about the same time! Gary interviewed on Tuesday the 8th with the Radiology group in Provo. Wouldn't it be weird after all these years to end up back in happy valley? Love you-
Jenn
Ryan's brother used to work at the Brick Oven! We go there too when we visit Utah. How fun to visit all of those places.
Post a Comment