We have never done this before.
During the day I am fine, but when I lay down to sleep at night and she isn't here, it just doesn't feel right.
I don't like not knowing where she is and who she is with.
I don't like that she is over two hours away--for almost a week--and no one there loves her as much as I do.
I don't like that I can't watch over her while she swims in the lake.
I don't like this new independence that comes with growing up.
I am the sad face.
Rachel, though I think she misses her sister, is walking around with a perma-grin now that she is getting much more of my attention.
We have planned some fun mother-daughter activities this week.
It has been eye opening to see how little individual attention she actually gets-
and she is thriving on it.
Rachel is the happy face.
The "kinda" happy face--that is Zach.
Cuz he is two and that is how two year olds are.

8 comments:
I am so sorry about missing Miss Meghan! Whenever I am away from my kiddo's it is the night that is the worst! I am glad about Rachel, I am sorry to say, I might have a somewhat neglected middle child as well! Maybe we should work on that! I hope the week cruises by, adn she is home before you know it!! Good Luck!!!
I don't think I'd like sending my child off for a week. I'm sure she is being well watched and I'll bet she's having a blast.
that is a cute post! I can only imagine what it is like to send your her to girls camp for the first time...kind of like kindergarten! I bet you and Rachel will have some good times together though...take advantage of it! I love when I get one-on-one time with Logan since Boston gets a lot of my attention on a daily basis! Have a fun week! (ps your CD is in the mail!)
Its hard to let your kids growup. Enjoy them while you can.
Mom
I would have a sad face if my kiddo was gone to girls camp too. I hope you guys survive. I hope you and Rachel have some fun bonding time!
If a Dad goes along for the week, it helps with the sleeping at night!
Wow, Girls camp. Kids grow up sooo fast!! Can't wait to see you on Sat. I always enjoy hanging out with you!! Thanks for all you do!!
I think I do well with spreading my attention with my kids, but the same things happens, I realize that attention is not given in amounts that each child needs. My oldest also gets a lot of attention. How do people with lots of kids do this? :)
Post a Comment