Monday, October 6, 2008

My Day

I am awfully lucky.
My parents have been able to come visit us in Michigan every October for the last nine years we have lived here.

We usually get to take a little trip and we work on a little house project while they are here.
If you would have stopped by my house today, you might have seen this:
or this...


You might have wanted to use the bathroom, but it would have been pretty difficult to find anything usable here.

At nine am, it looked like this:

at nine pm?
{yep--the brand new tub--already in}

Oh--and today was my birthday.

It was a wonderful day...starting with yummy homemade cheesecake last night,
then today, great news from a blogging friend,

the sweetest gifts and handmade cards from my hubby and kids,

sweet friends, Visiting Teachers and family who sent notes, cards and emails,

sisters who posted about my birthday on their blogs here and here,

and it ended with my sweet parents, working their tails off to remodel our old bathroom.

Day one was quite a success.

Thanks everyone-so much.

13 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to yoU!! Looks like a great day. haha. ;)

Nichelle said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! It looks like everything is going good in the bathroom.

Brian and Leilani said...

Happy Birthday Shell! Sorry we didn't have a chance to call you yesterday. But we'll call with our birthday wishes soon!. Glad to see you're having fun with mom & dad!

Brenda said...

We were sure blessed with the dorkiest dad ever! Did Zach like him sitting in the tub in the backyard, or enjoy the toilet upside down? I'm guessing a little boy who resists change might have a hard time with that! Glad you had a good, and exhausting birthday! Hope today goes well, and that today is better!

Head Over Hills said...

We are awfully lucky to have the parents we do. And the craziest Dad, He is always good for a laugh. I am so glad you had a good birthday. Hipe you guys have a great trip.

JANEAL said...

How nice of your parents to help remodel your bathroom. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Syd said...

Happy Birthday!! Im glad you had a great one!! How fun to have your parents here! You are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend...you truley deserve to have one. I miss everyone so much, especially this week. We will be coming Thanksgiving hope you will be home and I told Haley she needed to save me a date so that means you too. Miss you guys and the kids are really missing home this week too. And the icing on the cake my baby is turning 5 on Fri the 10th. My how time flies.

Love shell Boz

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! I hope the bathroom project goes well... it looks like you are off to a great start. Please let me know if you need a place to shower... our home is open. What a great gift to have your parents here with you on your birthday!
I have something for you!

Summer said...

Doesn't everyone have a tub or a toilet in their front yard? Happy Birthday!!!! I'm glad you had such a great day!

Katie said...

Hope you had a great day--so fun to get your parents for your birthday! Enjoy your trip to Chicago. Can't wait to hear about it!

The Barbers said...

We hope you had a great birthday Michelle. I would have e-mailed but our computer video card gave out so we were without a computer for a while. I thought about ya though!

thehalvs said...

Things have been crazy, busy around here and I'm behind on my blogging, so even though this is late...Happy Birthday Shell...

Jenn

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS