
My husband loves politics.
He likes to listen to all the "Glenn Beck" ish programs about this candidate and that candidate.
It really drives me crazy.
I am the one here that hates politics.
I can't stand listening to candidates say what they need to say to get elected.
I can't help feeling that they are fake, that they make decisions based on popularity, and they try to say just what the majority would like to hear.
[I have to admit however, that when Mitt was in the running, I was definitely listening.]
That kinda bugs.
Then I read this today--and I was ashamed of myself.
I am going to do better.
I am going to get informed.
I am going to honor those women who secured the right to vote for the rest of us.
Go read it.
[I have to admit however, that when Mitt was in the running, I was definitely listening.]
That kinda bugs.
Then I read this today--and I was ashamed of myself.
I am going to do better.
I am going to get informed.
I am going to honor those women who secured the right to vote for the rest of us.
Go read it.
4 comments:
I know, it has been hard this year to keep up on everything, for me at least, and both candidates are not my favorites. I'm so glad you liked it as much as I did. :)
I am with you on politics. It drives me nuts!!! Although I do feel like I need to pay more attention to who might lead our country, I can't stand all the dirtiness that goes on! I loved the potty post, too funny.
I am the same way about politics. I don't like it when they say things that we want to hear just to get elected. I need to go read that, because I need to pay more attention to the views of those wo are going to lead our country.
Wow. Like you, I don't remember hearing most of that stuff about the suffragettes!!!
I also took the time to listen to the clips of Palin. I liked her. But I would like to know why she has such a deep respect for McCain. If she's a "reach accross the isle" republican like he is, I just don't know.
Post a Comment