Monday, September 29, 2008

HELP !


I need some help....

I am trying to find a nice (neutral) taupe color to paint my living room, hall and bathrooms.

So far, I have picked out 30 paint chips, been to 4 different paint stores, and
tried 4 actual colors on the wall.

Conclusion: I stink at picking out paint.

Can anyone out there in blogland recommend a nice neutral brown paint color?

(pretty please?)

8 comments:

JANEAL said...

I have a good color but I don't remember the name of it but I have the formula if you'd like it. I have this color in my bedroom, basement, and spare bedrooms and it's just right (not too dark and not too light).

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

I wish I had recommendations for you, but we haven't lived somewhere we could paint yet...

But I did want to tell you how much I love reading your blog! Your posts are so clever and uplifting, and always put a smile on my face. I wish we lived closer, but I feel like this has given me the chance to get to know you and your family a little better.

Good luck with the paint!

*My sister-in-law Michelle lives in Orem, and I'm sure she would love to hear from your friend about pictures. Michelle's contact info is listed on her website: davidson-photos.com

Maren said...

I'd like to hear what you've already tried and why you didn't like it.

I have a nice tan on my kitchen cabinets. It's Behr's Gobi Desert from Home Depot. See also behr.com. Taupe is usually a bit darker and maybe warmer than Gobi Desert, but you can start Behr's Color Smart thing and explore from there. I use Raffia Cream as a trim color and they work well together.

♥Seri said...

Michelle!
I feel your pain! I was in your shoes not too long ago; however, I found one that I love!!! We are building a house right now and the first time I walked into this spec home, I fell in love with the wall color. We used it for our ENTIRE house and I still love it! The name of the paint is Charro from Kelly Moore. We did the trim color in Oyster, also from Kelly Moore. (Although our builder turned them into Sherwin Williams paint). I even have pictures of the house/rooms that I could email you if you'd like to see it via computer screen! You might think charro is a little too dark but I love it! It's such a true taupe color. Browns/tans are so hard because they can turn green, grey, or yellow very easily without you knowing or comparing them next to each other. But charro is so beautiful because it doesn't turn any other color. (These two colors are from their fan deck in the "Classics" color section) I think it's beautiful and after painting my whole house in it, I'd do it again. Paint is such an important element of decorating because you have to stare at it ALL day long EVERY day! Anyway.... I could go on. I hope this helps --let me know if you want pictures!

mattandhonor said...

SO, Michelle, we've painted TONS!! In your paint chips I would go for the one second to the right. It looks warm, but not too dark all at the same time. Our general rule of thumb has been to pick a color and go one shade lighter-especially bold colors!!

Happy painting!

Green Mountain News said...

Oooo- I looked up Charro and it's really nice. I also like Behr's "Haze" and "Classic". They're not as yellow as "Gobi desert". Good luck!

Maren said...

Sorry, that was me. Don't know why I was signed in as Q!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS