Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cinnamon Knots

Sunday tends to be a baking day around our house.
Last Sunday our new home teachers were coming and the kids wanted to make them a treat.
So we tried a new recipe for cinnamon knots. Zach loves to play with dough--rolling it in flour and sugar and cinnamon and then wiping his hands all over himself.

Rachel is pretty much in heaven when she is cooking.

They were pretty good.

The dough recipe we used was not my favorite, but if you have a sweet dough recipe you like, use that. Then you roll pieces of dough into a 6 inch long "snake" (as Zach likes to call it). Dip in melted butter and roll in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon and tie into a knot.

Bake, glaze and enjoy!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Those look so "Mummy" as we say it at our house! Now I really want a treat, and I have no treats at my house! I might need to run to Geraldines in the morning! Hope we can slow our lives down a bit and chat sometime again!!!

JANEAL said...

Not only do they look good it looks like they are fun to make. Carter's shirt would look just like Zach's if we were to make these. I keep trying to tell him not to wipe his hands on his shirt or pants but he still does! It looks like everyone had a good time making the knots.

Nichelle said...

Those look pretty yummy! I think my kids would love to bake with me but I am not a very good baker. Nothing I bake ever turns out. I might have to try these because I think that the girls would love making them.

Head Over Hills said...

Yum! Those look great! Guess what we baked at my house yesterday. I had no groceries so we ended up making these cookies that only use three ingredients. They actually weren't too bad. There is a recipe I think on Janeal's recipe blog for vanilla cinnamon rolls that looks yummy. I want to try those sometime! Looks like you guys had a great time cooking!

Holly said...

Those look delicious!! Def. a must try! :)

Thatcher Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thatcher Family said...

Definitely look yummy!! I have been soo hankering for cinnamon rolls lately! I might just have to try my recipe this way! I just wish it wasn't so darn hot here! I love baking but I have to take the summer off (like it or not) otherwise I end up baking our house too! :(

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS