Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sentimental and a bit Sad

Today was a bit sentimental and sad for me.
Zach got a new bed.
His "BIG BOY" bed.
I am not sure why this would be so sad for me, but I spent the whole day thinking:
How did we so quickly go from this:
to this....
from here.... to here....As Zach helped his dad take apart the crib, I felt a wash of emotions run over me.
Random thoughts from all different directions.
I felt GRATITUDE: For many years we never thought we would ever get to use that crib. I would look at it in storage and feel such sadness. I am so indescribably grateful that because of adoption, we were able to get that crib out and set it up for baby Zach. That time in our life was pure bliss. Each time I looked at him yesterday, I felt an enormous feeling of gratitude for Megan who picked us to be his parents.
I felt SENTIMENTAL: I had many sweet memories flash through my head as I remembered his little baby life here in our home: his first bath, smiling for the first time, learning to roll or sit, trying new foods, learning to walk.
(I am soon hoping to remember the first time he started sleeping through the night since he has never done that.)
It just seemed to go by too dang fast.

I felt SAD: I just wish that it wasn't so dang difficult to get children into our family.

Here is Zach--celebrating his independence from his crib.

He told me yesterday-- "Now I am a big boy and I can drink root beer on your carpet with no lid on my cup!"

Nice try Zach.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Life goes by so quick. We all need to take time from our busy lives to remember our blessing, enjoy our lives, and enjoy our children, because life just goes fast.

JANEAL said...

Oh he is one cute boy!! I totally agree that time goes by too fast. I too wish it wasn't so difficult to get more children in my family. Dang it....here I go now I'm crying. I'm glad this is on a computer and you don't have to see me. Love his comment about drinking the root beer on your carpet......sounds like something Carter would say.

Holly said...

Love the rootbeer comment! Kids are so funny. I know how you feel, it's hard to wonder if you will ever get another one, and know that it's not in your control. He is so stinkin' cute! :)

Nichelle said...

He is such a cute boy, I love the rootbeer comment. It is so amazing how quickly they think of these things. I agree kids do grow up way too fast.

Head Over Hills said...

He is such a big goy! He is so cute. I'm with you on the growing up to fast. It's not fair. I definitely need to be making the most of each day with my children!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS