
#2: I just love watching you be a Dad.
.jpg)
#3: You help me do hard things.
(Like when you read Grandma Glenna's life sketch at her funeral because you knew it would be too hard for me to get through.)
#4: Our kids think your jokes are REALLY funny.
#5: You never complain if I need a night out.
(Thanks for giving me breaks when I am going crazy!)
#6: Someone has got to teach our kids to like roller coasters.
.jpg)
#7: You have been patient each time I come up with something new to remodel.
(Even though you thought our house looked "just fine" when we bought it.)
.jpg)
#8: We have the same goals, hopes and dreams.
.jpg)
#9: You work so hard to provide for us.
I have always been able to trust the decisions you have made about your career. Remember when you wanted to do two master's degrees and I was thinking you were nuts? I was wrong.
.jpg)
#10: You are a playful, get on the floor and wrestle kind of dad.

#10: You always carry the heavy stuff for me.
#11: Together we have been through a few tough trials...
.jpg)
#12: And, together we have seen our share of miracles.
# 13: You have been my best friend for like--18 years.
#14: I simply can't imagine traveling this journey with anyone else.
Happy 14th Anniversary!
14 comments:
I don't think you were trying to make me cry through that, but you certainly did! What a little trip down Memory Lane! I feel like I have been through all of that stuff too!!! I was 15 when you started bringing him around, I can't believe how time has flown by! Happy Anniversary, Sorry I didn't call, but I knew you would be gone all day! Hopefully someday we can chat again, my house REALLY needs to get cleaned!
Thats the sweetest thing he could get for his anniversary.
You two are so cute. I was so excited for you 14 years ago, and am so glad to see that those 14 years have been a wonderful growing experience that has only made you both stronger, better people. I love reading your blog!
That was a cute idea! Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you two had a wonderful day!!!
Happy Anniversary!! What a sweet post. It looks like the two of you have had a great 14 years.
Even though you were tired last night, you did a great post for Shae. We are sure glad he is part of our family.
I cried too. I plan to steal this idea very soon! Thanks for being an inspiration.
WOW! Has is really been that long? And have I really known you both for 18 years (I don't feel that old)! I remember being at your wedding at the Idaho Falls Temple. From the very beginning you two had something special (I'll forgive you for hitting on my FHE husband). Congrats on 14 years and here's to many more happy years ahead!
Happy Anniversary! Some of those pictures look like the Shae and Michelle from my memory. Haven't we all been alive a long time? Have a wonderful day!
That was such a sweet gift. It is so amazing the time that has gone by. As I was reading your post I was remembering one of the first times I met Shae. Two memories actually. One where you guys came to Idaho Falls and Brian woke him up in the morning by blaring super loud music into those headphones. And the other was when I came to stay with you evernight while you were at BYU. We had a coloring contest and played playdough pictionary. Even at age ten I remember feeling like he was so much fun and I was glad you had found him. I really hope you guys have a wonderful day. Happy 14th anniverdary!
I like this idea! So cute. Happy Anniversary!!
Wow! What a neat anniversary present. Thanks for the kind words and the trip down memory lane. I appreciate you leaving out the annoying and thoughtless stuff I do. You would need a much longer list...maybe you're waiting for our 50th anniversary to do that list!
I don't know how to blog, so here are my top 14 memories with you (in chronological order)...
1. 9/3/1992 - John Hall, BYU - Love at first sight!
2. 1992-1994 - Spain - Sharing my mission with you and getting a letter every week & several awesome packages.
3. 5/30/1994 - Provo - Feeling the unmistakable confirmation that you are the one for me--forever.
4. 8/19/1994 - IF Temple - Sealed together for time and for all eternity.
5. August 1994 - Bozeman, MT - My favorite day of our honeymoon--18 holes of golf with unlimited mulligans and then a trip to Walmart to furnish our first apartment together.
6. Spring 1995 - Provo - Officially a Nurse after finishing the infamously gruelling BYU Nursing program.
7. 11/6/1995 - UVRMC - "Is this our little Meghan?"
8. 3/24/1999 - Provo - Walking around the parking lot throughout the night, rolling a tennis ball on your back until our Rachel finally arrived.
9. Spring 1999 - Provo - My graduation and your early retirement. Thanks for putting me through school.
10. February 2001 - Maui - Being in paradise with you while celebrating your grandparent's 50th anniversary & hoping that someday we'll celebrate our own.
11. Summer 2001 - Pioneer Trek - Watching you pull a handcart made me think you would have made a rather good pioneer.
12. Summer 2002 - Provo - Just the two of us soaking in the Spirit together at the Seminary Teacher Conference. You were an awesome Seminary Teacher.
13. 12/8/2005 - Livonia, MI - Meeting Megan, then Zach and discovering the wonderful world of adoption.
14. 7/14/2006 - IF Temple - We got to experience a bit of heaven as a family a little earlier than most families do.
Happy anniversary! I love you.
Shae
Wow. What a great perspective for me. Thank you SO much for sharing that. You guys are an example and inspiration to me!
You both are such a blessing to me and this touched my heart so.
Post a Comment