In my head, I know it is time to get back to school. At times, I crave the schedule that is forced upon this family.
(My house is so disorganized--it is screaming for kids to get back to school.)
Tonight we got the backpacks loaded with shiny new supplies. Even Zach loaded his pencils into his little pack. He is convinced he is going to school too. Tonight he drew us a picture to show us where the bus will be picking him up.
Tonight Shae gave each of the kids a Father's blessing. Zach was amazing as he sat with eyes closed and arms folded for his entire blessing. I am so grateful that Meghan and Rachel are such good examples for him.
Tonight, the girls tried on several outfits to find the perfect "first day" ensemble.
We should be ready.
but Tonight, I am feeling a bit sad...to bid farewell to summer.

I am going to miss moments like this....


What will you be missing the most?
4 comments:
I do love that we now have a schedule. I miss the being be out late spending time with the kids. My girls have and 8:30 bed time and even though it is nice sometime to have the house quite for 2 hours I miss being able to go out and do fun things as a family because it will interfear with bed time.
I'm so glad Carter isn't old enough to go to school. I know I'm going to have a hard time letting him go when the time comes.
I'm going to miss the summer and sitting on the front step eating Popsicles with Carter while we wait for daddy to come home from work.
It is so bittersweet! You can either have a chaos, or a schedule! Nothing in between! I like that it makes me be disciplines, but I have that I have to be disciplined! Its a lose lose situation!!!(As Michael Scott would say!)
Hey!! My comment is going to be more about what I will NOT miss!! I will NOT miss being in temporary housing (we moved to Florida in APril)! I will NOT miss selling a house and I will NOT miss moving!! I can't wait for a summer where I can be home! The kids look sooooo adorable and huge!! (like I can talk-Andrew's a 1/4 inch shy of 6 feet!)
Happy Anniversary to you (and us!)!
Post a Comment