We would like to announce the arrival of our newest family member:
Sharky
My first mistake was allowing them into the pet store.
Zach ran from cage to display case and the girls would follow after teaching him about the animals he found.
"Mommy? I have a feret?" he says.
"Mommy? I have a "skinny pig" (guinea pig) ?"
"Mommy? I have this kitty cat? He is all alone. All of his friends are gone. He needs to come to Zachy's house."
I said "Zach--our house is too small for a pet that big.
How about we get something small--like a fish?"
"Yeah" he says. "Let's get a shark!"
Meet our compromise: a blue beta named Sharky. Things have been going really well with Zach and his new fish. Every morning when he wakes up and reminds me: "Sharky is hungry. He needs his breakfast. He needs his Beta Bites".
It was all going well until a few days ago.
"What happened?" I asked Zach.
"I spilled Sharky's breakfast. I used my trucks to help me clean up."
Nice.
Who--in a healthy state of mind--puts a fish in a two year old's bedroom?



9 comments:
Oh, this totally cracks me up! I LOVE the pics you got of it all. This is priceless! :) I also loved the "skinny pig"... how could you say no to that one?! :) hahaha.
How funny! I love how he was using his dump truck to clean it up. Carter has that same dump truck. I love his new shark....what a great compromise.
I am so glad to finally see pictures of Sharky. I will have to show mom and Dad tomorrow. I love hearing about the things he says. I imagine him saying those things and it totally cracks me up. What a little cutie.
HA ha ha! Funny but you forgot to mention WHO took the pix??
We have a fish tank in both our kids rooms! But, it's a 10 gallon and sits on top of their dressers with the food in a totally different spot. Too funny though. Been there...hence "the food in a totally different spot". :)
That is so cute. Hey at least he wanted to clean up his mess right. He is a funny little guy. I love the cute things that little kids say.
Zachy, we like sharks too. We like to swim with them. Can't wait to meet Sharky.
Mgpa & Gma
Funny Funny Boy- You told me that story, but it is so much funner to experience it with photo's! What a cute boy!!! I'm glad our mall doesn't have pet stores anymore :)
We have a beta that used to be in one of the kid's rooms. For about 3 days. It now resides on a high shelf in the kitchen.
Post a Comment