Thursday, June 12, 2008

A New Swear Word

This is called a Herbst appliance.
It's purpose--to correct an overbite.
It helps stimulate the lower jaw to grow forward and helps to keep the upper jaw in place.
Meg just got it put on her teeth this week and it will be her nemesis for at least the next 12 months. It hurts. She can't eat. The screws tear at the inside of her mouth.
She has been a trooper--tears only once.

We have decided that we have a new swear word around here.

You guessed it--it's HERBST!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

That seriously looks like torture! Tell Miss Meghan we are so sorry! We are not surprised she's being a trooper,she's a good girl! I didn't realize she had to endure for at least a year! That must be so fun to spend money on!

JANEAL said...

Man I feel for Meghan, I can see why it would hurt.

The Barbers said...

Oh Meg. Not fun. I hope they do something else to Tersa's teeth and if you don't mind I think we will avoid showing this particular entry to Tersa. We are so sorry!

Nichelle said...

Poor girl. I feel so bad for her. What a trooper. I can't imagine that I could do it with out crying. Not fun at all! Hopefully it will get better!

Leisha Mareth said...

Oh, wow, that poor child! My daughter has a major UNDER-bite and I know that we will have to endure similar dental misery to correct her issue. I dread the day.

Head Over Hills said...

Oh Megan, I'm so sorry! That does not look fun. I hope it somehow gets easier for you. Can't wait to see next week! (Neither can my girls- They ask when you guys are coming every day!)

Anonymous said...

Meghan,
I am so glad they have things like this to help your jaw grow. I know you don't think so, but it is a lot better the what I got done, and you can't see it like head-gear(I had to wear some real ugly kind for 3 years)

Love,
Gma

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS