Sunday, June 22, 2008

Twin Falls Visit

Our first stop on our trip to Idaho was to visit my sister in Twin Falls.
We had a great time even though we were only able to stay one night.
On Saturday, we went to Shoshone Falls Park.
Shoshone Falls is a huge waterfall in a huge canyon that was formed by the Snake River.

Here is Jessica, Adam, Haylee, Bell, Gma and Brinley, Rachel, Meghan and Gpa.
Zach was not in a mood to be photographed.
It was a beautiful sunny day and the water was such an amazing greenish-blue color.




Zach finally let us get a photo of him. He woke up at 7 am saying "Let's go see the big waterfall."
When I explained to him that everyone was still asleep he said "Well, let's go wake them up!"

We had a picnic next to a small creek. The kids loved wading in the water.






It didn't take long before a massive water fight erupted between the grand kids and Grandpa and Adam.
Everyone was completely soaked.
Zach was very concerned about the whole thing.
He didn't really understand that Grandpa was just playing with his sisters.
Once after Grandpa soaked Rachel pretty good--he went to tackle him.
The water fight participants then went on a hike down into the canyon and back up again--in 100 degree heat. I guess it was a good thing they were wet.


Thanks for the wonderful (and too short) visit!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and find myself checking it regularly. It's been fun to stay updated in your very full life! Keep it up.
Jenn

JANEAL said...

I've never been there before...it is beautiful. I'll bet you're glad you're finally in Idaho visiting your family. Have a great trip!

Head Over Hills said...

We had so much fun. We have been a little sad today. We miss you guys. The girls wanted to call and talk to you guys tonight but I wouldn't let them because I knew you guys were visiting. We are counting down the days till we come. Only 6 more!! Woo hoo!

Nichelle said...

I love to go to Shoshone Falls, my kids love the waterfall. It is so pretty there. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I hope that we can meet you sometime while you are here.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS