Monday, June 16, 2008

Quirky

My sister Brenda didn't think I had enough to do, so she tagged me to share
6 Quirky Things
about myself.
I looked up the word "quirky" to see exactly what I should share.
Quirky, according to the dictionary means:
a peculiar habit, mannerism, or aspect of somebody's character.
Here is my best effort.....

1. I hate these! I do. I hate roller coasters.

This is a photo of the Millennium Force that my 12 year-old daughter just rode at Cedar Point. They scare me. Really bad. I CAN NOT stand the feeling of being out of control. And the stomach dropping sensation--hate that too.

#2: I am a pillow snob There is only one pillow that I can sleep on. It is the latex foam pillow from JC Penney.

I remember being sick with Bronchitis when I was vacationing in Idaho. It was the sweetest act of charity for my sister (who introduced me to said pillow) to give me her latex foam pillow to sleep on while I recuperated. After that, I bought two pillow to keep in Idaho for when we come to visit as well as the four I bought for us to have at home.

#3: I love Purses

I really do. I look at them in every store I go into. I can't keep myself from browsing the isles of purses. I doesn't matter if I am in Target or Macy's, I still have to look. My personal favorite place to look for purses is TJ Maxx--so I can get a decent purse without spending a fortune.
#4: I stay up REALLY late.



I always have--for as long as I can remember hated going to bed.
I get this second wind about 10pm after everyone is in bed.
It is quiet--it is peaceful--it is sometimes clean and no one is awake to mess it up.
It is heaven.

#5: I am a blog addict

I think I check about 50 blogs a day. That used to take quite awhile until I discovered bloglines. Now I only check a few--the ones with new posts. I love the friends I have made and I love the record I have created of my family.

# 6: I am a list maker


I make one everyday. On Sundays, I make one up for the whole week to keep on my fridge. I make lists during sacrament meeting, at stoplights and I even dictate lists to my daughters while I am driving.
Why?
Because I love to cross things off.
Sometime, if I do something that wasn't on my list, I have to go write it down just so I can cross it off.

In fact--I can go cross this blog post off of my TO DO list now. Yeah!
Now, I tag Mom, Leilani, Tuesdi, Yvonne, and Hallie

6 comments:

Holly said...

I loved reading about all your quirks! We have a few in common! lol. :) Also love your new banner! Way cute!!

JANEAL said...

I can't believe you don't like roller coasters....I love them! My husband is like you, doesn't like them at all. I too love blogging, purses, making lists, and I stay up late. These tags are fun to read!

Nichelle said...

This is such a fun tag!! I love to learn all of these new things about people. I think it is so fun to hear all of the strange things about everyone.

Brenda said...

Well, Sorry to give you more to do, but that was quite funny! I didn't say you had to do pictures and everything, but it make it even funnier. I am just a little worried, because now I am realizing I have 12 quirks instead of 6!

The Barbers said...

What are bloglines?

Anonymous said...

What about me?? You didn't tag me!!! I'll do it anyway! I didn't know you stayed up late?? *wink*wink*

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS