Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ouch...

"Ouch" is a great way to describe today. It all started about 4am (Ouch!)--when Zach woke up and wanted to be up for the day. "I want to watch Monster Jam and eat breakfast" he says.
"Not a chance" I say. On hour of crying later, he decided to go back to bed.
Score one for Mom! Then this tired, sweet little boy woke up about 6:30 to go to the bathroom. I bumped him in the back on accident and he thought I hurt him on purpose. He smacks me back (Ouch!) and totally loses it in a enormous fit. (He is getting 2 teeth right now--and sleeping really poorly.)
It was very difficult. Another hour of crying in his bed--and I don't do crying it out well. I left him there to calm down because he wouldn't stop hitting and he was so exhausted. He finally falls asleep and I go back to bed in tears (Ouch!) after getting both girls on the bus to school. I just lay there thinking how am I going to teach this boy:
Then I take Meghan into her first orthodontist appointment. I get my bill for the next 2 years of treatment. (OUCH!) Poor Meghan gets 6 spacers placed in between her teeth. They hurt. Think a piece of food stuck between 12 of your teeth and you can't remove it. (Ouch!)
All in preparation for her to wear this device for the next year. We got home and I discovered that Zach was a stinker at the baby sitter's house. He hit his sweet friend Ellie and my sweet friend, Ellie's mother. (Ouch!)
Meg sits on the couch with tears pouring down her cheeks because her spacers hurt and I am giving her the prescription strength of motrin and tylenol. (Ouch!)
Then Rachel comes to me with a bloody lip--Zach threw his head back and hit her lip.
(Ouch!)

My whole heart just hurt today.

I hate to see them hurting.

I hate to not know how to help them.

It was one huge OUCH day.

10 comments:

JANEAL said...

Sorry to hear you didn't have the best day. Hopefully you'll have a better day today :) I think the saying should go this way instead..."If kids aren't happy, mama ain't happy!"

Holly said...

Some days are just like this right?! Hope the rest of the week goes ALOT better for you! :)

The Barbers said...

What is that contraption after the spacers?
I'm sorry y'all had a bad day. It's over now. We love ya.

Head Over Hills said...

Oh Shell, I'm so sorry. That is a seriously rough day. I cannot believe how hard being a mom is. I hope that Zachy gets better for you. I feel so bad for Meghan too. Those spacers are so painful. I'll be home all day if you want to chat. I love you!

The Lorenc Family said...

Who was the scripture guy who added "opposition in all things"? I'd like to talk to him sometimes!

Summer said...

I totally feel your daughter's pain. I had braces for 5 years and I hated getting new spacers or new rubber bands. Tomorrow will be better!

Brenda said...

Wow! Nothing like paying for pain! Don't worry so much about the boy! Look how good Morgie turned out after her aggressive years!! You should have pointed our the Migraine week you had in your OUCH POST!!!

the splendid life of us... said...

Sorry about your day. As my nephew once said (and now we all quote)

"I just want to leave myself!"

It sounds like it was one of those days for you!

My little guy is teething too and is just not himself. And I am worn out at the end of the day! And I hate feeling helpless!

Leisha Mareth said...

That was a totally adorable post for such an "ouchy" day...

Nichelle said...

I am sorry you had a rough day. I hope that everything is going better for you now. Sometimes being a Mom is hard and I hate the feeling of being helpless. I know things will get better for you.

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS