On our trip down to Detroit, Shae wanted to show us where he goes to church every other Sunday. His calling right now on the High Council is to work with the LDS branch in downtown Detroit. As we were driving down the road he points to this tall building and says: "There it is!"
I didn't know whether he was serious or not--you see, sometimes he likes to make jokes.
I was thinking --no way!
(If you double click on some of the photos, you might be able to see the panhandlers on the street corners.)
The Detroit River Branch meets on the third and the fifth floor of this office building. Half of the branch speaks English and half of the branch speaks Spanish, so in the same meeting you can need translators for either language. It has been a great opportunity for Shae to use the Spanish he learned on his mission.
This is the parking lot side of the building.
On his first Sunday there, he noticed many of the cars in the parking lot had "The Club" on their steering wheels.
This sign says "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." We are going to be attending for our first time next Sunday. There are about 6 kids in Primary and 3 or 4 active youth. I think it will be a neat experience for all of us.
And this~ this is tithing money at work.
Just a block away is the brand new building that the Detroit River Branch will soon be meeting in.

7 comments:
I like Novi better. Have fun at church. Write and tell us how it was attending church there.
Mom
Scary- You never think of church being a scary place. I feel so fortunate to be where I am and have a church so close by. Should be an interesting experience for you guys.
Be Safe! Isn't is sad people have to live like that all the time- Not just visit now and then! Just another reason I should have a bit more gratitude and patience!!! Thanks for the photo's, you have talked about where he goes to church, but I had never seen it!!!
Isn't that crazy!? We take so much for granted.
Oh My! Is eight feet tall enough!?
Well, their primary isn't that much smaller than ours. Sad, I know.
That is so crazy! I guess that is why we should never take what we have for granted! Be safe!
Oh. My. Gosh. I'm speechless and impressed with their dedication to attend church there.
Post a Comment