Friday, May 9, 2008

Spring Tulips




Is there anyone in the world that is not cheered up by the arrival of Spring?
I love the tulips.
I love planting them in the fall--preparing for things to get very dark and dreary.
I love watching in anticipation for the first little green tips to come pushing through the soil after several months of bitter cold.
I love forgeting what color I even planted because the wait has been so long.
I love that the beauty of the tulips is so worth the wait,
and that even though they don't last for long, they will be back again soon.
Trials are kind of like waiting for tulips--
waiting for the hard to end so the beautiful can grow.

4 comments:

JANEAL said...

Your tulips are beautiful! I like your analogy of trials and tulips.

Head Over Hills said...

I love your tylips. They are gorgeous. Thanks you for sharing them. I don't have any. I'm glad I can enjoy yours. I like your analogy also.

Leisha Mareth said...

Oh, I love the analogy...so true! Those are SO beautiful, the color is amazing!

Brenda said...

I love the red!!! I am going to plant red flowers this year, you have inspired me!!!I remember a couple of years ao, I was at your house for tulips!!!! Let's do that again sometime!!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS