This is Eleanor Roosevelt
Actually, this is a 2 liter bottle person that is supposed to look like Eleanor Roosevelt.
I love those third grade class projects that no third grader can do by themselves and that cost at least $20 in supplies.
I love those third grade class projects that no third grader can do by themselves and that cost at least $20 in supplies. This little lady took many hours of mother-daughter time.
Rachel sketched the face onto the foam ball and then I helped her paint it. The hair--that was a MAJOR project to figure out how to make hair. We finally figured it out with a strip of bias tape, yarn and a sewing machine.
Rachel was really proud of her final project.
Here are a few other bottle people from Rachel's class. Can you guess who they are?
(Tim Duncan, Mother Theresa, and Eleanor) Eleanor Roosevelt
by: Rachel Lorenc
Anna Eleanor Roosevelt was born on October 11, 1884 in New York. Everybody said she was a beautiful baby. Since she was little, she was called Eleanor. Her birth was announced in all New York newspapers. When she was two and a half years old, Eleanor was in a shipwreck on a ship called the Britannic.
Eleanor loved her dad and he loved her. He called her his "little Nel" and "Golden Hair". Eleanor always cherished those nicknames. Her mother called her "Granny." She hated that nickname and she wasn't fond of her mom. Her mom would tease her by calling her that name.
Eleanor didn't like parties, but they were pretty fun with Franklin D. Roosevelt who was Eleanor's distant cousin. After awhile they fell in love. In 1905 they got married. They had six kids. Franklin was elected the 32nd President of the United States. He made her first lady. Eleanor Roosevelt died at the age of 78. She made a difference by helping others.
6 comments:
You guys did a great job! It looks like a lot of work, but the end result was great! Rachel did a great job on her report as well. Hope you guys have a great summer.
Glad to see the blog back in buisness, I can't believe you fixed it migraine and all! You and Rachel are pretty crafty! I don't even know what bias tape is!! I guess you got the sewing genes. Tell Rae she did an excelent job! (Oh, and thanks for the history lesson- reading blogs is really making me smarter!)
Eleanor is lovely. I can't believe how realistic she looks :)-
I am going to be in such big trouble when my kids start getting projects from school. I am not crafty! New header looks great!
Glad you posted pics of this. Very impressive, Martha. Not looking forward to school projects like that. Love the new header, by the way.
I think you both earned a A! Great job.
Love,
Mom
Oh my gosh, I am thinking if Maddy had to make one you would never have been able to tell who it was. :) Great job girls. And yes you can link to my blog from yours...and come check out my blog, there are pictures of our new addition. :)
Post a Comment