Today we went to Detroit to attend the branch with Shae. It was a great experience.I learned several things:
- People speak WAY TOO FAST when they are speaking Spanish. ( I was trying to pick out a few words because Zach wouldn't let me wear the headphones to get a translation).
- I love to see people trying to live the gospel, far from the "Mormon Culture" I grew up with--just good people really making a sacrifice to worship together--half speaking Spanish and half speaking English.
- I don't like manual elevators--the operator of the one I was on had us dropping so fast, my stomach flip-flopped like I was on a roller coaster. I have never in my life ridden an elevator at church.
- I am grateful I have a home and a nice bed. Park benches do not look like a comfortable place to sleep.
- Nursery is way simple with only 2 children.
- Primary is way strange with only 5 kids.
- Young Women is way scarce with only 2 girls.
- The gospel is good, and true and worth sharing.
- Nursery windows should not overlook Tiger Stadium--which brings us to this post today. Zach could not keep himself sat down for the nursery lesson today. He kept running to the window and yelling "TIGER STADIUM!"
We had the opportunity to go to a game with Uncle Aaron when he was here visiting. It was a beautiful night, and though the game was slow and the Tigers lost, we had a great time.
Here is Zach with his"rally cap"on. He and Shae turned their hats inside out in the last inning to encourage those Tigers rally and win the game.
We had a great lesson on statues this day in Detroit. In case you don't remember the other statue--click here. It took a while to convince Zach that those Tigers up on the scoreboard were not real--they were statutes. All through the game he would keep asking: "Those Tigers are statues?"
Love the city.
Love this boy.
Loved having Aaron come to visit. And love the hubby too. ;)
Love this girl.
Love this one too.
Love Zach singing Queen's "We Will, We Will -- Rock You!"
6 comments:
I love your post today. I could relate so much to it. Today we had 4 in Primary. None in Young Womens and we had close to a fight with two of our Young Men. My counselor in Primary decided to show up and let me have it verbally and both the Young Women's president and I stared at each other in disbelief. We left for church at 10:15 this morning and got home at 6:30 tonight. Needless to say it was a long day and should have started with a heavy dose of Zanac that I forgot. :( As I think about it we only had 2 in nursery today too. Our new building has that same fence but some of it has been knocked over and Mike has asked for it to be fixed, twice, and it hasn't happened. Oh how I hate that members of the branch are nervous to go to church. I just might be looking my optimism.
You are on serious blogging fire. I love seeing all these pics of your family. I can't wait to see all of you. What an interesting experience for church. I've never had anything much different than what I grew up with. I've got it pretty lucky. Although I tink Adam would LOVE it if our church overlooked a baseball stadium!!!
P.S. You gave me the blogging bu.
It seems that Shae is the only one missing out on the love! :)
I can just imagine how difficult it was to keep Zach away from the window at church! His draw to sports is something I have never understood about so many boys I've known. (Including Shae.)
He is so dang cute! Can't wait to experience the cuteness in person!!! Love the rally cap, and Thanks again for taking such good care of my hubby!!!!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/begini-cara-membuat-kartu-keluarga-syarat-dan-kegunaannya
Post a Comment