Thursday, May 8, 2008

Greenfield Village

Last weekend, Uncle Aaron came from Idaho to visit us. He was traveling to Indianapolis for a work conference and stopped by to see us for a few days. Although we desperately wished his ENTIRE family could have been here, we really had a great time. On Saturday, we went to Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan.

We had heard there was going to be a special visitor that day. We waited and we watched.... And he came. Zach was SO excited.
He absolutely loves Thomas the Train.
He drove right past us. Aaron was clever enough to put some coins on the track . Meg and Rachel were amazed to find the pennies as flat as paper after Thomas had passed.
Another one of Zach's favorite spots at Greenfield Village was the real life farm. He loved the chickens that were walking around. Two women wearing authentic Pioneer grab were inside making cookies over the wood stove from the oldest cookbook I have ever seen.
Zach loved the farm cat. I wished I had taken a video of how excited he was to see her. There were also several lambs born that day. We saw a newborn that was only a few minutes old. It was amazing.
I was so glad that Meghan and Rachel are still at an age that they could have fun taking Zach to see Thomas. They are like mini parents to him and you can see they joy in seeing his excitement at new things.
This little boy was SO excited. Though we didn't shell out the additional $12.00 a person to ride Thomas, he had a great time.



It was a really neat day.

2 comments:

Nichelle said...

Sounds like fun! I know Brenda wasn't very happy that Aaron got to go and see your family and she didn't. I hope you guys had a great time while he was there!

Brenda said...

Carson would have been all over that! Maybe we will come and visit before your membership wears out!!!!I can't believe how opld your girls look, and Meg's hair is super long!!!!Looks like you guys had a great time!!!!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS